Did you become a Husker fan by marriage?

Well I am partly a marriage made husker. Through my parents that is. Dad is from Missouri and grew up a Tiger fan. Mom was a husker from Omaha. Marriage ensues and my Dad is sold on the husker program following the go for two play in the NC against Miami. My dad raised us as husker fans ,even though he still watches Mizzou too, so much so that when my missouri puke cousins had tiger uniforms as kids my dad bought us husker ones to spite them.

I was born in Omaha, grew up in Lincoln and moved to Alabama with my family in '80. We still have our season tickets and get back as often as we can, and our family back in Lincoln uses whatever tickets we don't. I've never been anything but a Nebraska fan.

at least you are honest! what is a wanker anyways? i jut know it is a british term?

A wanker is one who wanks. Wanking is Brit slang for masturbating.

not born in Nebraska...but raised as a Husker. It's all I remember being on TV/radio when I was growing up. Funny thing is I never REALLY followed it like I do now until I was in high school. Now I probably surpass anyone in my family as a fan. My parents were both raised in Omaha and the rest of my family pretty much lived there most their lives too.

I'll probably be the first person in my family this year to ever have season tickets, though.

I have been a Nebraska fan since I can remember, at least the late 1970's. My wife was born in 1976. We were both born in Illinois, but she moved to Norfolk, NE when she was a year old. I took a job in Omaha after college, met wife..... and she passed the requirement, already a Husker fan!

:koolaid2:

I was born and raised. Moved to Texas while I was in High School. Made my Husband sign a pre-nup stating he would become a Husker fan and raise our kids as Huskers :) Everything was good until our middle son went with us to the '06 Nebraska vs TAMU game, during the 3rd quarter he looked at me and said "I know you'll be mad, but this is where I want to go". So, come August I will be a proud Aggie Mom. Two out of three kids isn't too bad. Our oldest goes to a small college in Golden, Co and proudly wears his Husker shirts, our youngest wants to be in the band at UNL.