Players barred from bars?

Awesome. Now I don't have to worry about them stealing women from me that I'm trying to pick up. :corndance

But in all seriousness, I applaud Coach Pelini for putting the hammer down and hopefully we won't have to deal with these issues any more.

now all you have to worry about is the volleyball players coming in the bar, taking all of the dudes you were trying to hit on...whoa! snap!

:laughpound BURN! :laughpound

Awesome. Now I don't have to worry about them stealing women from me that I'm trying to pick up. :corndance

But in all seriousness, I applaud Coach Pelini for putting the hammer down and hopefully we won't have to deal with these issues any more.

now all you have to worry about is the volleyball players coming in the bar, taking all of the dudes you were trying to hit on...whoa! snap!

You're out of line, Honky Tonk Man. YEAH!

Guess I'll just have to dance on the tables more than usual...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's just not a good idea for athletes to drink, if they want to be the best athletes they can be.

Babe Ruth?

I remember back when I was in High School, there was a defending state champion wrestler from Cozad or Lexington that gave up soft drinks during the whole season..ended up undefeated.

Seems like he weighed ~210# during the Football season when I had to tackle him, but he wrestled at 155#..

(Maybe I should give up my Diet-Lime Cokes).

Does this open up the Coach to litigation by downtown bar owners for restraint of trade?

You never know...

No more than it would open up the bars for litigation for serving the underage players. :)

Probably also no more than the number of incidents where they allow patrons to become so intoxicated they can't function correctly or get into fights or say commit a sexual assault. Besides the backlash for such a court case would be way worse than say not allowing 1/4 (seniors old enough to dring) of the team to go into such an establishment. Typically when you find a trouble spot there is a reason. It may be managements philosphy, they types of patrons they cater too, allowing a little of this or a little of that and then someone crosses the line. You can run a clean safe establishment or you can run a meat market it's really your choice.

Besides it's a whole lot better than having a repeat of some of this situations that have arose at those establishments.

Does this open up the Coach to litigation by downtown bar owners for restraint of trade?

You never know...

No more than it would open up the bars for litigation for serving the underage players. :)

Probably also no more than the number of incidents where they allow patrons to become so intoxicated they can't function correctly or get into fights or say commit a sexual assault. Besides the backlash for such a court case would be way worse than say not allowing 1/4 (seniors old enough to dring) of the team to go into such an establishment. Typically when you find a trouble spot there is a reason. It may be managements philosphy, they types of patrons they cater too, allowing a little of this or a little of that and then someone crosses the line. You can run a clean safe establishment or you can run a meat market it's really your choice.

Besides it's a whole lot better than having a repeat of some of this situations that have arose at those establishments.

Speaking of Meat Markets...Is P.O. Pears really closing?

I can't remember the last time I visited Lincoln on a Sunday without taking the Family there for Burgers.

I can't imagine why anyone would oppose this rule.

If the players don't like it, they can give up their scholarship, quit the team, and drink at the bars all they want.

See...it's their choice after all. Football and free education, board and housing vs. booze and jail.

:nutz shame on you....that is all I have to say about that...