Proof that the new training system is working

The guy must be more explosive -- a better breakaway threat. Castille could be really good. But Glenn is supposed to be healthy, also. And he showed great potential before he had his injury problems.

melscott62: I hear you. It is easier said than done. I have a devil of a time staying away from the fries, chips and desserts. It's a bitch!

I know this is getting off the subject, but it's the simple carbs dude. It's the bun, the fries, the regular pop instead of diet. Anything that's white and processed is bad: white bread, white rice, heated potatoes, refined sugar, etc. Bud Light: there's your future beer. :)

The burger itself won't make you gain weight. Today I went to King Kong's in Omaha. (great burger!!!) I ate it with just one bun. Good luck.

Back to football. I wonder if Castille has increased his speed. I wonder if a lot of players have increased their quickness and speed. I have a feeling that is the case.

The guy is right...I've dropped 35 lbs since December just by cutting out all the chips and Doritos and crap I used to eat. Back to my college weight now...can't keep the women off me!

Has anybody ever noticed that really fat broads always waddle into the C-Store for a diet soda and end up filling like a 5-gallon bucket up with the stuff? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? Like switching from a regular cigarette to a ultra-light but smoking twice as many?

Just an observation...and now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast

I thought there was a whole movement back in the '90s to get more healthy food to the training table...like, with more complex carbs and such? I mean, stiil have the meat and stuff for proper weight maintainence, but getting away from all the junky hi fat/sugar foods.

Doesnt seem like a big mystery to me, but i guess its still not thoroughly understood in our culture that the junk food just wont give a person good health, let alone proper conditioning. dedhoarse

Hopefully the players will eat less pizza/beer and such in their off hours.

And, Castille looks like a freak cuz HE IS A FREAK! I mean, i think that guy is gonna be a great one! Can hardly wait! I also think he is the best type of compliment to Lucky's more finesse style. Castille will become the primary ball carrier, IMO. Lucky will continue to catch alotta passes.....

Anyway, looking forward to a more fit/athletic/muscular Big Red next season! Its not saying alot though necessarily, since looking at last year's team was like sneaking a peek into a weight watchers convention...uh, pretty sloppy around the 'edges', yo!... :box

I've been telling people at work to watch a new show on TLC by a noted hypnotist from Britain. Although he doesn't do any hypnotizing "through the TV", or at least not yet, he knows about the mind and how it affects people's actions.

It's called "I can make you thin" by Paul McKenna, and it is pretty darn good. He has very good reasons why his methods work, and there's only 4 "Golden Rules" he touts in the first episode, two of them being "Eat What You Want" and "Eat Whenever You're Hungry". Now THAT'S my type of diet. :lol:

So far I've been working on it for the last week, and I notice I eat a lot less during the day. Everyone should give it a try.

His website is: http://www.mckenna.com/

And the TLC website is: http://www.tlc.com/thin

I've been telling people at work to watch a new show on TLC by a noted hypnotist from Britain. Although he doesn't do any hypnotizing "through the TV", or at least not yet, he knows about the mind and how it affects people's actions.

It's called "I can make you thin" by Paul McKenna, and it is pretty darn good. He has very good reasons why his methods work, and there's only 4 "Golden Rules" he touts in the first episode, two of them being "Eat What You Want" and "Eat Whenever You're Hungry". Now THAT'S my type of diet. :lol:

So far I've been working on it for the last week, and I notice I eat a lot less during the day. Everyone should give it a try.

His website is: http://www.mckenna.com/

And the TLC website is: http://www.tlc.com/thin

I could see Dan Hawkins bringing a weight hypnotist to the Buffs, since they are so 'hip' and all.

I think hell would freeze over, though, before Bo Pelini would do such a thing...just isnt his style, IMO.

:nutz

I know this is getting off the subject, but it's the simple carbs dude. It's the bun, the fries, the regular pop instead of diet. Anything that's white and processed is bad: white bread, white rice, heated potatoes, refined sugar, etc. Bud Light: there's your future beer. :)

The burger itself won't make you gain weight. Today I went to King Kong's in Omaha. (great burger!!!) I ate it with just one bun. Good luck.

Back to football. I wonder if Castille has increased his speed. I wonder if a lot of players have increased their quickness and speed. I have a feeling that is the case.

The guy is right...I've dropped 35 lbs since December just by cutting out all the chips and Doritos and crap I used to eat. Back to my college weight now...can't keep the women off me!

Has anybody ever noticed that really fat broads always waddle into the C-Store for a diet soda and end up filling like a 5-gallon bucket up with the stuff? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? Like switching from a regular cigarette to a ultra-light but smoking twice as many?

if only that worked for everyone

it did for me too....although it was more than just doritos and crap food. Dramatically cutting down on carbs and still keeping a workout routine I lost something like almost 20lbs in two weeks. I think it has to do with what the body likes to use as fuel. It's number one favorite source for fuel is glucose and the body looks towards carbs first for that glucose. So if you're eating carbs all the time the body has all it needs to run itself and doesn't need to tap into those stored fat reservoirs. Cut down on the carbs (to something like 25-35 grams per day) and the body starts eating away at the fat instead.

At least that's how I understand it works.

From what i've heard - take it for what its worth - a lot of the players will be more trim this year. Callahan instructed the trainers to get all the players to a "prototype NFL body", which meant a certain weight for each position. It didn't matter if the an o-lineman was at his most athletic and explosive at 290, Callahan wanted them all to play at 300+. Hopefully that philosophy has been discontinued.

They came out with studies within the last year that diet pop is not good for you because it jacks with your metabolism and leaves you craving other things. I'm drinking more water now than ever. Another plus from that is being hydrated helps you ward off colds. For the first time in years I didn't get sick this winter.

They came out with studies within the last year that diet pop is not good for you because it jacks with your metabolism and leaves you craving other things. I'm drinking more water now than ever. Another plus from that is being hydrated helps you ward off colds. For the first time in years I didn't get sick this winter.

wow, i been living out here on the east coast and havent seen or heard the word 'pop' in years! never thought i would find myself saying 'soda' when i moved here, but sure enough i did/do!

But, i been off soda, uh, i mean 'pop' and junk food in general for nearly 25 yrs and i can that my overall health and youthfulness..and weight--are very very good. Rarely get sick and pretty much never go to the doctor(well, i had good health to start, but havent ruined that thru poor diet).

So, all this diet stuff is like old news to me, i just hope they advise the players to eat as healthy as possible.....for their conditioning, AND health! :yeah