Glenn

I just don't know if this was a good move by Cody.

He's got a lot of work to do. Going into his senior year and having never played that position before. I just don't know if he'll be able to perform at the Big XII level.

I guess we'll see how it goes, but he's going to have to work his butt off.

I kind of agree. That said, more power to him and perhaps he will be quite successful. Certainly at the RB position the press clippings make pretty clear that behind Lucky, Helu is really, really looking good. In addition, we all know that Q Castille is a horse. So... the likely scenario is that Cody would, as a senior, be behind Luky/Castille and Helu --- and a # 4 will get precious few snaps --- even as a situational power/short yardage guy Castille will likely get the call. So, from Cody's perspective it would be stay at RB and have very, very little hope of routine snaps --- perhaps going complete a complete game or multiple games without seeing the field (unless some of the RB's get hurt) or.... give it a shot at playing an OLB position where we really do not have an established guy out there. Blake Lawrence has little experience but may be a front runner. After that Latravis Washington has had essentially no experience and struggles with weight and perhaps speed issues (and is maybe going to, as a result, be a DE). Stafford is under weight and has had no experience whatsoever. Compton is in HS and the others, perhaps promising, were walk ons. So for Cody the probability of seeing the field, even with a switch of positions competing for either of two positions with Lawrence, Stafford, Washington, Compton and several walk ons is better than trying to unseat Lucky/Castille/Helu for one position.

From this perspective, the move makes sense. I hope the young man prospers

I still wanna see someone get into it and trade some punches....then I will know that they are ready to go at it 100% with some pride.

that's already happened, twice if i remember right both were big uglies in the trenches that wanted some more time with each other;)

Yeah!! Too bad there isn't some video of it.... :box:box

My gosh though...if players werent losing the weight they are it could be like a sumo match. I shudder at the thought.

Somehow I doubt Glenn is going to get 60 snaps a game.

If he remained as a RB and no one in front of him got hurt, I'd be surprised if he had a whole lot more than 60 snaps all season -- 100 (less than 10 snaps a game to be sure --- and probably closer to 5 per game) or so at most --- and maybe, maybe 20-30 caries.

At LB he stands a better chance at seeing the field

I'm excited for Cody. As someone mentioned in a post above, yes UT and Mack Brown recruited Cody hard in high school but ONLY for the linebacker spot. He was one of their top 3 prospects on their "entire board" for the linebacker position. At the time, Cody was very focused on the running back position and insisted on pursuing the chance to play RB in college. Once UT realized how serious and intent he was on trying to play RB in college, then they backed off of him.

For those of us down here in Texas, it sure makes me wonder what could have been.............

Anyway, that is water under the bridge. My money is on Cody adding some real value to the Husker defense at the linebacker spot.

Anyway, that is water under the bridge. My money is on Cody adding some real value to the Husker defense at the linebacker spot.

He has to. It's really his only chance to make an impact on the field before his time is up.