is Husker Trev Alberts Right About Kansas being for Real? Can they contend with Nebraska?

KU vs. NU in the next 5 years...  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The poll question was 5 yrs into the future. I think KU will be competitive during that time but am much more concerned about the rise in power from MU and CU.

NU used to dominate these schools but the talent level is much more spread around due to scholarship limits. Bo has the right formula for developing a dominating program (walk on program, emphasize training not HS star ratings, gather a good core of asst coaches, etc).

All this will make NU a contender in the next 5 yrs, but probably not dominate for 8 to 10 yrs.... if we are lucky enough to keep the coaching staff together. Lets learn from history - it took years for Osborne to win the Natl Championship.

I just think it will be great when we LOOK like the Big Red again on Saturdays. The championships will come, but I'm a realistic fan.

Spring08fbgame9.jpg

Judging by this photo at the spring game, looks like he's already losing some weight. Rumor on kusports is lap band surgery.

As far as the beakers go, I'd be more than happy to see an 7 or 8 win season out of them. I'm not like some ku fans out there who think we're national championship bound, but I think we'l have a good season all around. I will predict that everyone's beloved huskers blow another streak this year, and you all know which one I'm talking about.

Spring08fbgame9.jpg

Judging by this photo at the spring game, looks like he's already losing some weight. Rumor on kusports is lap band surgery.

As far as the beakers go, I'd be more than happy to see an 7 or 8 win season out of them. I'm not like some ku fans out there who think we're national championship bound, but I think we'l have a good season all around. I will predict that everyone's beloved huskers blow another streak this year, and you all know which one I'm talking about.

Wow...when did Mangino's left buttock grow a leg and a bald head? He should have that lanced before it gets any bigger!

I was suprised by the fact that three different choices got a lot of votes. I see all them involve Nebraska getting better, but I would say that is a decent bet to make, I would.

Cy even got his cousin to vote, so that was nice to see. :koolaid2:

Cousin...wife. Potato...Potaato..... <_<

CY, the Arkansas thread was called something different....