Glenn stands out at linebacker

Weak-I Formation

(WR)--------------OOXOO(TE)

-----(WR)-----------(QB)

------------------(HB)

----------------------(TB)

The TE is already on the weak side in the Weak-I formation so if he runs a curl, it depends on which 1/5 of the field he is in, same as the HB in the flat, because in Cover 2 the 2 safeties have the deep halves and the other 5-- (CB-SL-ML-WL-CB) in that order, have underneath zone coverage splitting the field in approx (1/5) each, and have to make the play in their zone. So if both the TE and HB are in the WL's 1/5, then he would have to play underneath the TE curl and come up and make a play on the HB that is underneath him. The WR 20 yard post means that the other 2 LB's play underneath it tryin to sneak a pick and the safeties knock his head off. Hopefully the CB on the weak side would help out the WL because that would only put 2 receivers on that side of the field and he has no other responsibilities behind him. In cover 2 you have one job, cover your zone.

If the TE motioned out of the Weak-I it would be an illegal procedure also due to the rule of having 7 players on the line of scrimmage every play.

As I'm going to say for the 49th time -- I am not bashing Cody. I am happy he has found a home where he has and am happy he is seemingly doing well. However, in the matter of a week he has outperformed guys who have been doing things he is just learning for months or years in advance of him, but cannot hold him off for more than a week speaks more volumes about them than it does the talent level of Cody right now.

I agree 100% with that.