Glenn stands out at linebacker

He may very well have good instincts, but how much of that comes from playing offense for 3 years. I think he probably looks good agianst the offense because he is very familiar with what happens during certain formations. Lets wait till fall before we annoint him as an all-american.

He may very well have good instincts, but how much of that comes from playing offense for 3 years. I think he probably looks good agianst the offense because he is very familiar with what happens during certain formations. Lets wait till fall before we annoint him as an all-american.

Wouldn't that be what makes him a better linebacker?

Quite a few schools originally recruited Cody as a LB. He wanted to play RB and we were one of the few willing to let him.

However, regardless of how Cody looks, for him to be at the position for a week he has not played since HS and already running with the 1's should show the sad state of our LB's.

That should be another thing attributed to Callahan is how poorly he recruited for not only the LBs, but our entire front seven.

Thats my whole point. He is familiar with what Castille and the rest of OUR offense is thinking before they even think it. However he wont have the luxury of knowing the other teams playbook when he goes up agianst the rest of the Big 12. Dont get me wrong i would love to see him excel, I'm just a little skeptical.

Thats my whole point. He is familiar with what Castille and the rest of OUR offense is thinking before they even think it. However he wont have the luxury of knowing the other teams playbook when he goes up agianst the rest of the Big 12. Dont get me wrong i would love to see him excel, I'm just a little skeptical.

Point taken. I hope he does excel, I agree with Willie that we are VERY thin at linebacker. I haven't heard a lot of good things about Blake from the open practice they had on Saturday.

Point taken. I hope he does excel, I agree with Willie that we are VERY thin at linebacker. I haven't heard a lot of good things about Blake from the open practice they had on Saturday.

I am sure hoping the D-line picks it up this year. If the D-line can make some strides it will take the pressure off of our dwindling line backer corps.

However, regardless of how Cody looks, for him to be at the position for a week he has not played since HS and already running with the 1's should show the sad state of our LB's.

Great point. While I do agree that being in RB mode will help him at the LB position, he will still need to relearn the fundamentals of the position. To make it worse, they have him marked as playing the MIKE position, which has me a little nervous.

While playing the MIKE position you have to be alert about so many different aspects, that you really only have about 1 to 2 seconds to react and decide what you need to do. Make a mistake, and the offense may make you pay.

I, for one, am very very concerned about the LB corp.

HOWEVER, I have hope that maybe the experienced front four can help them out a little bit. Turner, Suh, Steinkuhler, and Potter (most likely) will definitely have to step it up to help the inexperienced LBs.

Don't worry. I'm sending Glenn a PDF of all of our opponent's playbooks. Shhh... :: looks around nervously ::

Great point. While I do agree that being in RB mode will help him at the LB position, he will still need to relearn the fundamentals of the position. To make it worse, they have him marked as playing the MIKE position, which has me a little nervous.

While playing the MIKE position you have to be alert about so many different aspects, that you really only have about 1 to 2 seconds to react and decide what you need to do. Make a mistake, and the offense may make you pay.

I, for one, am very very concerned about the LB corp.

HOWEVER, I have hope that maybe the experienced front four can help them out a little bit. Turner, Suh, Steinkuhler, and Potter (most likely) will definitely have to step it up to help the inexperienced LBs.

From my understanding, Glenn is playing a bit of each LB position. He is becoming our new Brandenburgh, for the spring anyways.

Once Compton gets here and provided he stays healthy throughout the season, Glenn will either be playing WILL or BUCK.

If I had my guess, he will see more action at WILL. His pursuit is what is setting him apart from our other LBs right now. If that is the case, I would prefer to let him play more in space than at BUCK.

Good points. Im not willing to crown anyone a starter until we play some teams other than ourselves. But, hopefully Cody will continue to bust his arse through the summer and watch some film of LSU to better understand what the coaches are asking of him. Hopefully by the time fall practice starts he has turned into more of a linebacker rather than a running back playing the linebacker position. I completely agree with the comment of him knowing what the running backs are gonna do. It makes it easy to stop a play if you know everything about what is happening. Has there been anymore talk Big Willie about Colbert and a position change or is he just gonna stay at safety?

Has there been anymore talk Big Willie about Colbert and a position change or is he just gonna stay at safety?

From what Pelini has said, Culbert will stick at safety.

You almost have to believe that will be his position unless someone else gets hurt, suspended, dismissed or something at LB. Culbert was d***ed around so much by Callahan that it really hurt his progression. Here was a very talented kid who wasted two years just trying to find a position.

Now he's a junior. He has one year left after this one, so he has to find a home at some position if he wants to say that his time at Nebraska was well spent. Right now, I honestly doubt he could say that with a straight face.