VT rocked by RB injuries

what are the chances gameday comes back?

didn't we have the gameday record attendance last year?

And there aren't that many huge games that week, either.

Probably will have a lot to do with how both teams are doing up to that point. If both teams went in undefeated or near that there would be a good chance

The only other decent games that Saturday I see are Tennessee/Auburn, Wisconsin/Michigan, and Alabama/Georgia

Probably will have a lot to do with how both teams are doing up to that point. If both teams went in undefeated or near that there would be a good chance

The only other decent games that Saturday I see are Tennessee/Auburn, Wisconsin/Michigan, and Alabama/Georgia

Getting Gameday also might depend on how we have won our games. If we have barely pulled off wins against our first three crappy opponents (a la Ball St.) and VT has steamrolled everyone, we won't be getting gameday.

With VT's injuries, I don't care if anyone marginalizes the win. A win over VT is a big win. Anything that prevents us from having a sh**ty record at the end of the year is a good thing. I just want to go to a bowl... ANY bowl. I don't care who is injured on the other team- just please, PLEASE win a big game. It's been a long time since that happened. When was the last time NU did that? 2001 against Oklahoma?

Getting Gameday also might depend on how we have won our games. If we have barely pulled off wins against our first three crappy opponents (a la Ball St.) and VT has steamrolled everyone, we won't be getting gameday.

With VT's injuries, I don't care if anyone marginalizes the win. A win over VT is a big win. Anything that prevents us from having a sh**ty record at the end of the year is a good thing. I just want to go to a bowl... ANY bowl. I don't care who is injured on the other team- just please, PLEASE win a big game. It's been a long time since that happened. When was the last time NU did that? 2001 against Oklahoma?

After what I've read about your last few seasons I really hope Osborne/Pelini can get thing turned around for you guys, I'll still be cheering for VT though :P.

Does the win over Michigan in '05 count?

All three of those are much more likely to get gameday than we are.

Ehhhh- I don't think so. It only felt like it was a big win because it was Michigan, but they were having a lousy year that year. I mean, when we beat them they were ranked 20th and I don't believe we were ranked.

I must admit I'm looking forward to being competitive against top programs instead of just writing off games against programs like USC or Oklahoma as losses and crossing my fingers for an 8-4 season. Hopefully that starts with VT.

Also, my guess is that Alabama/Georgia will be getting Gameday. Both of those teams are going to be really good next year, with Georgia likely being ranked #1. Nebraska may or may not be ranked at that time.

I remember a Orange bowl game where Arkansas suspended its number 1 running back prior to playing a very good OU team. A little known running back named Roland Sales I believe torched the sooners for well over 200 yards and the Razorbacks pulled off a huge upset. I would not count out any of these kids just because we have not seen or heard of them before. They are Division 1 players by the way and must have some talent. Besides VT is a solid program and will feild a good team that with the less experienced backs will be very competitive and will have a good chance of leaving Lincoln with a W.

The 1977 Orange Bowl. Arkansas suspended its Number 1 tailback, its Number 1 fullback, and its Number 1 wide receiver. Beat Oklahoma 31-3, with, as Uno noted, a little used backup named Roland Sales (who never was as good).

Never underestimate the backups - they're dying to get on the field and prove their worth.

Ehhhh- I don't think so. It only felt like it was a big win because it was Michigan, but they were having a lousy year that year. I mean, when we beat them they were ranked 20th and I don't believe we were ranked.

I must admit I'm looking forward to being competitive against top programs instead of just writing off games against programs like USC or Oklahoma as losses and crossing my fingers for an 8-4 season. Hopefully that starts with VT.

Also, my guess is that Alabama/Georgia will be getting Gameday. Both of those teams are going to be really good next year, with Georgia likely being ranked #1. Nebraska may or may not be ranked at that time.

I think we would have to beat Tech to be ranked. We normally seem to have a hard time with the polls, and its only gonna be harder now that we have sucked for an extended period of time. But shoot, I don't care about our ranking until we prove we deserve it anyway.