VT rocked by RB injuries

When the BCS rankings come out, it doesn't matter who V.Tech's has at running back, all it sees is a win or loss. It would look good to Husker fans to beat a V.Tech at full strength, but whether they are ok or not at running back I just want a win. Be careful what you wish for.

GBR!!!

When the BCS rankings come out, it doesn't matter who V.Tech's has at running back, all it sees is a win or loss. It would look good to Husker fans to beat a V.Tech at full strength, but whether they are ok or not at running back I just want a win. Be careful what you wish for.

GBR!!!

But if VT doesn't do well other than our game with them, it does hurt us on strength of schedule. We need everyone that we beat to have a good year other than us, boosts the strength of schedule a little bit.

Last I heard, you play an entire team...not just a running back. If a team can't contend because they have a hurt player, they must not have been much of a "team" to begin with...

It's not just a hurt player.

It's both of his back-ups too.

Sounds like both of their freshmen will have to pick up the slack (I think they're redshirt freshmen).

Not much mention about the other remaining TB (a Sr.)

I agree.

It's a mighty empty win if they're not near full strength.

Last I heard, you play an entire team...not just a running back. If a team can't contend because they have a hurt player, they must not have been much of a "team" to begin with...

Sounds like both of their freshmen will have to pick up the slack (I think they're redshirt freshmen).

I agree.

Oh...then by all means, cancel the game until all the players are at full strength....or better yet, just forfeit in order to show your football compassion... <_<

Wasn't one of the starting corners for KSU injured for the Husker game in 07? Well gee...I guess the only reason the Huskers crushed them was because of that? I know when the Cyclones played the Huskers in 07 we had a couple of starters with bruised egos...that should be good for at least a tie.

Tough for VT...but it's part of the game.

I agree.

Oh...then by all means, cancel the game until all the players are at full strength....or better yet, just forfeit in order to show your football compassion... <_<

Wasn't one of the starting corners for KSU injured for the Husker game in 07? Well gee...I guess the only reason the Huskers crushed them was because of that? I know when the Cyclones played the Huskers in 07 we had a couple of starters with bruised egos...that should be good for at least a tie.

Tough for VT...but it's part of the game.

Hey...

I hadn't thought of that!

It would be next to impossible to reschedule, but the forfeit thing might just work.

By the time the game comes around and since these injuries happened early and gave them a chance to bring up the towel boy and the waterboy up to speed as backups, they should still be able to field a team.

The problem from our standpoint, would be a possible letdown of our players, thinking the freshmen can't do much PLUS the potential lost SOS points from VT tanking the 1st half of the season.

That..and the hidden potential of Bobby Boucher.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a Orange bowl game where Arkansas suspended its number 1 running back prior to playing a very good OU team. A little known running back named Roland Sales I believe torched the sooners for well over 200 yards and the Razorbacks pulled off a huge upset. I would not count out any of these kids just because we have not seen or heard of them before. They are Division 1 players by the way and must have some talent. Besides VT is a solid program and will feild a good team that with the less experienced backs will be very competitive and will have a good chance of leaving Lincoln with a W.

We should have Jahree Cheeseman back for summer workouts and fall practice (broken leg), and the two r-Fr running backs are studs including a Rivals #3 at his position for his recruiting year. I just hope our O-line performs better than in the recent past to open up some lanes for whoever ends up carrying the ball.

I really look forward to this game and am sure it will be fun for both teams.