The Tide are talkin about our spring game sellout

Nate

That's where the woman who gave me my Alabama jacket lives! True about Alabama fans too...fanatical bunch (good thing) who have an overriding desire to blast Auburn each and every year. Can't have a successful season at Alabama unless you kill Auburn...

If you run into a hot blonde who can't pronounce "elephant"...tell her I said "Hi".

Hah. There's lots of pretty blonds (and brunettes and redheads) around here, and many of them have that pronunciation problem. Of course there are plenty of smart beautiful women around here too, to be fair :lol:. By the way, the origin for the elephant representing UA is a sportswriter in the 1930's that was trying to convey how big and powerful the team was compared to their competition. He described them as a bunch of red elephants or something like that and it gradually took hold.

That's where the woman who gave me my Alabama jacket lives! True about Alabama fans too...fanatical bunch (good thing) who have an overriding desire to blast Auburn each and every year. Can't have a successful season at Alabama unless you kill Auburn...

If you run into a hot blonde who can't pronounce "elephant"...tell her I said "Hi".

Hah. There's lots of pretty blonds (and brunettes and redheads) around here, and many of them have that pronunciation problem. Of course there are plenty of smart beautiful women around here too, to be fair :lol:. By the way, the origin for the elephant representing UA is a sportswriter in the 1930's that was trying to convey how big and powerful the team was compared to their competition. He described them as a bunch of red elephants or something like that and it gradually took hold.

If it makes it any easier...she's probably the only one in Birmingham who might be wearing an Iowa State sweatshirt....

If it makes it any easier...she's probably the only one in Birmingham who might be wearing an Iowa State sweatshirt....

Yeah, there can't be too many of those going around outside of Iowa. :lol:

Yeah, there can't be too many of those going around outside of Ames. :lol:

fixed it for you

fixed it for you

Hell, I'd be ashamed to wear Iowa State gear anywhere

fixed it for you

Hell, I'd be ashamed to wear Iowa State gear anywhere

Elitist.... :angry:

I don't see any significant bias with ESPN one way or the other. I mean they just hype the currently most successful teams like everbody else, of course they are head over heals if those teams happen to have the largest market shares and traditions, that is, the Wolverines, Irish, Trojans, pretty much in that order.

I think NE suffers from 'hick syndrome' when it comes to the national media anyway, that's never gonna change just as our society at large will not change in regard to class hierachies and elitism.

Whatever, I think NE was given it's due in our big run in the 90's, but not as much as, say, the Trojans this decade. Again, it's all glitz and marketing. L.A./Trojans works well for them cuz thats a huge market base and I think they would go crazy-like if there was ever an east coast team even remotely near NYC that they could hype for the same reasons(Rutgers take note).

ESPN's Herbstreit and a few others are probably still pissed that Big Red dominated their whole 'Greatest CFB Teams of All Time' last year. But hey, they designed the poll, there was unlimited opportunity to vote and they shoulda known that NE Fan has not much else to do than to vote over and over and over for anything that promotes Husker Nation(I also just think that it is recognized nationally that the '95 Huskers was the best team ever).

So, rgdg. the Crimson Bribe, the recipient being Coach Satan: frankly, i could give a rat's ass about those guys. I mean, no cfb coach should be making 4.5 mil--period. But hey, if they wanna hype their cfb program at the expense of state literacy rates, so be it. Again, i could care less about the Bribe. The best thing about them now is that with Satan at the helm they are just another team ya love to hate.

End of story.

zE ouT! :clap

Technically Bama's sellout wasn't. You have to have something to sell to sell it out...giving it out free does not constitute selling a product.

Bama had nothing but a bunch of free loaders show up because there was nothing else going on in their pathetic state that day....no fishing tournaments, no watermelon roasts, no nothing....

Maybe they should try selling their tickets and see how many fans show up, besides, they need the money to support their football program anyway.

Technically Bama's sellout wasn't. You have to have something to sell to sell it out...giving it out free does not constitute selling a product.

Bama had nothing but a bunch of free loaders show up because there was nothing else going on in their pathetic state that day....no fishing tournaments, no watermelon roasts, no nothing....

Maybe they should try selling their tickets and see how many fans show up, besides, they need the money to support their football program anyway.

You know...I was going to post one of my patently smart ass comments here...until I realized that not only is the ISU spring game free...but they are also giving away free beer while supplies last.... <_<

You know...I was going to post one of my patently smart ass comments here...until I realized that not only is the ISU spring game free...but they are also giving away free beer while supplies last.... <_<

:sarcasm and still will have a hard time getting 200 people to show up...thank God some of the players families live near by and they aren't putting in crops yet, huh? :cheers

:sarcasm and still will have a hard time getting 200 people to show up...thank God some of the players families live near by and they aren't putting in crops yet, huh? :cheers

Awesome sarcasm all the way around dudes! :woo

Awesome sarcasm all the way around dudes! :woo

Harsh..

Although I still remember back in gradeschool. Going to the "Soap Scrimmage" at the Highschool.

Admission was a bar of soap 'cause the School couldn't afford to supply them for the showers.

I also grew up hating Alabama after reading how upset Dr. Tom was at the Bear for manipulating the Bowl system so they could avoid playing us.

When you think about it..we charge so little for the scrimmage, it's almost like getting in free..The big cost is the travel (Probably for laundry soap (tide) fans as well.

THey seem to think we're almost as good of fans as Oklahoma's. <_<

Ha ha wise guy...Jack Trice Stadium will be FULL on Saturday and you know why? Huh? Huh? Do ya?

uh...because they are only opening the East grand stand because of construction on the west side (I suspect they are still working on installing the ejector seats they want to have installed before the KU home game...) and, rumor has it only Gate One wil be open for the fans...but, by golly, it'll LOOK packed anyway... <_<

By the way...anyone that wants to find out if ISU can manage to actually beat itself are welcome to tune into the game at 1460 KXNO am radio...uh...as long as you live within a 5 mile radius of Des Moines. KXNO is kind of the like KSU...kind of loud and obnoxious around home but lacking any power at all when they get outside of town....

Ha ha wise guy...Jack Trice Stadium will be FULL on Saturday and you know why? Huh? Huh? Do ya?

uh...because they are only opening the East grand stand because of construction on the west side (I suspect they are still working on installing the ejector seats they want to have installed before the KU home game...) and, rumor has it only Gate One wil be open for the fans...but, by golly, it'll LOOK packed anyway... <_<

By the way...anyone that wants to find out if ISU can manage to actually beat itself are welcome to tune into the game at 1460 KXNO am radio...uh...as long as you live within a 5 mile radius of Des Moines. KXNO is kind of the like KSU...kind of loud and obnoxious around home but lacking any power at all when they get outside of town....

:clap:clap:clap