George Bush's gift

I'm going to pay off a credit card with it................ <_<

that's exactly what they DON'T want you to do with it...unfortunately it's what most people WILL do with it.

Although I think the stimulus plan is a stupid idea and waste of money...I'll take it.

It's paying for my season tickets this year! I'll see y'all at every home game!!

:nanalama:nanalama

that's exactly what they DON'T want you to do with it...unfortunately it's what most people WILL do with it.

Although I think the stimulus plan is a stupid idea and waste of money...I'll take it.

It's paying for my season tickets this year! I'll see y'all at every home game!!

But that's exactly what people should do with it. It will free up monthly income later down the road so you can buy "stuff"

But that's exactly what people should do with it. It will free up monthly income later down the road so you can buy "stuff"

In one week I went from being in debt up to my eyeballs to selling my motorcycle and paying off 2 of my credit cards. Now I only owe on my house, two vehicles, and student loans. I get rid of about $15,000 of debt in one week! :clap

That's a good money saving idea, but not what the stimulus money is intended for. It's not for "down the road" stuff...they want you to spend it on things immediately to boost the economy up out of the recession. If you just pay off debt now then in a month or so find something to spend the 600 on, it's too late. It's one of the reasons I think they're spreading apart the delivery of the checks. So that 00-10 get it now, next week 11-20 get it, etc. etc. Hoping that people will get it and turn it around right then and spend it so we get two or three months of money being put right back into the economy constantly.

If you buy the washing machine you were planning on buying anyway...now you don't have to use your credit card for it. Allowing you to avoid accumulating even more debt. And you don't have to use the stimulus money to pay off for things you've already bought!

I kind of agree that we need to buy more American/local things with the money, but I can also see that buying a TV made in Japan from Best Buy ALSO benefits Best Buy, it's employees, etc.