position changes

When a player is being recruited to Nebraska, the coaches project them at a certain position. Such as Marlon Lucky at RB, or Ndamukong Suh at DT. However, it seems many times that the players want to play a different postion then they are being recruited for. When a coach tells them they will get a look at the position the player favors first, how serious of a look do they get? Example: Leon Jackson is projected by many as a safety. He has expressed that he wants a shot at RB. How long a look does he get? There are a few other recruits that are in similar situations--Tomerlin (DE, TE), Suh (DT, OT), Potter (DE, TE), and Bowman (WR, CB) just to name a few. I would guess that the coaches would rather not waste time giving these guys a shot at just any position. I'm sure the coaching staff has enough experience evaluating talent and putting them in the best position for themselves and the team. At the same time, these guys are more than likely promised a chance at the position they favor. Any input?

Yes i alwasys kinda wondered the same thing. And to hear many of these recruits say that this school or another said I would get a chance at RB and this one didnt, so I eliminated them. I mean why in the Benny Hill would any school say that? Why not just appease them like Im afraid to admit even NU probably does.

Yes i alwasys kinda wondered the same thing. And to hear many of these recruits say that this school or another said I would get a chance at RB and this one didnt, so I eliminated them. I mean why in the Benny Hill would any school say that? Why not just appease them like Im afraid to admit even NU probably does.

THis is why Solich didn't get Stevie Hicks to come to Lincoln. Hicks wanted a shot at RB but Solich only wanted him to play LB. Not that he would of made a difference but you never know.

Here are my hopes:

Suh - DT

Jackson - S

Bowman - CB

Potter - TE

Tomerlin - DE

Imagine a defense with Octavien, Dillard, Covey, Tomerlin, Suh, Bowman, Jackson, and Turner.

SPEED.

:clap

I think Suh is a lock to play DT, not so much a starting spot, but I don't even consider him a OT

I would also like to see potter play TE. I think he could be a playmaker downfield.

All we need to add to that list is Smith - CB

One position that needs to be filled is fullback. Who in this class would play that position? Cody Glenn wants to be a featured back. I don't see current players such as Brandon Jackson wanting to play that position. The only possibility I see is Jeff Souder. I wonder if NU had that in mind when they offered him.

One position that needs to be filled is fullback. Who in this class would play that position? Cody Glenn wants to be a featured back. I don't see current players such as Brandon Jackson wanting to play that position. The only possibility I see is Jeff Souder. I wonder if NU had that in mind when they offered him.

Souder is playing linebacker. We don't really need fullbacks because bill doesn't really use the fullback. Kriewald was very very good and hardly ever got the ball. When he did great things usually happened.

I believe we promised Broderick Thomas a shot at playing linebacker so that he would come here but we renamed the defensive end position the "rush end' so that he would think that he was in a 3-4 and just blitzed the whole time.

They didnt change the term from Defensive End to Rush End until the switched to the 4-3. Tey never did run a 3-4.