position changes

I would think the coaches have a pretty good idea after watching a lot of film on the recruits what position they should play. Maybe some can train for multiple positions if the need is there.

I think (IMHO) that BC will play two backs especially if one is a good blocker and can catch the ball (not all the time). Gives the opposing LB's something to think about having to watch two safety valves. And dare I say it maybe even have the qb toss an option on occasion if the situation warrants it. Might see some of that with JD now that there are other qbs to use also. Nah. Just funnin!!!!!!!

GBR

:horns2

I believe we promised Broderick Thomas a shot at playing linebacker so that he would come here but we renamed the defensive end position the "rush end' so that he would think that he was in a 3-4 and just blitzed the whole time.

They didnt change the term from Defensive End to Rush End until the switched to the 4-3. Tey never did run a 3-4.

Yep, they ran the 50 defense back then and I agree with what BigRed215 said, the way that the fullback is utilized is different and a different type of athlete is needed.

We don't really need fullbacks because bill doesn't really use the fullback. Kriewald was very very good and hardly ever got the ball. When he did great things usually happened.

Good things happened when Kriewald touched the ball because no one was looking for him to ever get the ball, thats why he was so wide open when he did. In Oakland, I believe Jon Ritchie got about 10 carries in 5 years worth of service in Callahan's offense.

I think I read somewhere from Lemming that he thinks Suh could be an All-American tackle in college.  I'm just happy to have him here, I don't care where he plays!

Lemming doesnt know his @$$ from a hole in the ground.

He only travels the country watching these kids play and watches hours of tape. Talks to the kids, their families, and coaches. But really what could he know about talent. I'm sure ESPN pays him just for the fun of it. You should start a website, call ESPN and see if you can do better.

"I see you're drinking 1% is that because you think you're fat or something?"

I think I read somewhere from Lemming that he thinks Suh could be an All-American tackle in college.  I'm just happy to have him here, I don't care where he plays!

Lemming doesnt know his @$$ from a hole in the ground.

He only travels the country watching these kids play and watches hours of tape. Talks to the kids, their families, and coaches. But really what could he know about talent. I'm sure ESPN pays him just for the fun of it. You should start a website, call ESPN and see if you can do better.

"I see you're drinking 1% is that because you think you're fat or something?"

Sure, and he is attached to cally's scrotum and backs everything he says. Here's a newsflash, he and cally are cousins, so his whole schtick is skewed. And, lets see how many of his "cant miss prospects" have missed, shall we?

BTW, great :) you saw Napoleon Dynamite.

WOW!!! Quite impressive!!! :woo

I believe we promised Broderick Thomas a shot at playing linebacker so that he would come here but we renamed the defensive end position the "rush end' so that he would think that he was in a 3-4 and just blitzed the whole time.

They didnt change the term from Defensive End to Rush End until the switched to the 4-3. Tey never did run a 3-4.

I never said that they ran a 3-4.

Sure, and he is attached to cally's scrotum and backs everything he says. Here's a newsflash, he and cally are cousins, so his whole schtick is skewed. And, lets see how many of his "cant miss prospects" have missed, shall we?

BTW, great  :) you saw Napoleon Dynamite.

WOW!!! Quite impressive!!! :woo

I guess that begs the question, would Lemming be willing to put his reputation on the line in saying that a class of recruits from any school has real potential just because he has a relationship with a coach?

Recently I saw an interview with him on the late local news and the reporter asked him, point blank, if his relationship with Callahan had anything to do with his thoughts on the their recruiting class. He said he would NOT risk his reputation by saying a school has a good group of recruiters or a good class if it simply wasn't true. There are many other schools who he talks of like he talks about Nebraska.

Alas, his words will be dismissed off he way side because he knows Callahan.

I don't know why some people insist on bringing someone down because of who they know. Cynacism fever....catch it! :)