DOWN IN FRONT!!

the first time I went to a game I sat in the student section. And we stood and screamed the entire game. The atmosphere was amazing! I was hoarse within the first 5 minutes of the game and my legs hurt like hell from standing for so long.

The second time I went to a game we stood at the top behind every section so no one was behind us to tell us to sit down and we couldn't really feel the energy of the crowd because we were so high up...but I know it was there (that's when we beat KU in overtime)

the third time I went to a game I sat in some season ticket holder seats...upper deck 40 yard line. Great seats! But the atmosphere is totally different. Because everyone knows each other in the section they seem to give you an evil glare if you aren't the normal ticket holders. And NO ONE stands. I understand the older people who can't stand for an entire game....but I figured at least some people would. Plus yelling when the defense has the ball isn't done on that side. It's crazy...I was so confused as to what to do. I was a guest in that section but every part of me wanted to scream. I wanted to curse after many plays but there was a family of four below me who I didn't want to offend. And I wanted to jump out of my seat several times but I felt like the old people behind me would throw a cane at me!

It's weird...

I much prefer the student section. I'll be interested to see where my seats are this year.

the first time I went to a game I sat in the student section. And we stood and screamed the entire game. The atmosphere was amazing! I was hoarse within the first 5 minutes of the game and my legs hurt like hell from standing for so long.

The second time I went to a game we stood at the top behind every section so no one was behind us to tell us to sit down and we couldn't really feel the energy of the crowd because we were so high up...but I know it was there (that's when we beat KU in overtime)

the third time I went to a game I sat in some season ticket holder seats...upper deck 40 yard line. Great seats! But the atmosphere is totally different. Because everyone knows each other in the section they seem to give you an evil glare if you aren't the normal ticket holders. And NO ONE stands. I understand the older people who can't stand for an entire game....but I figured at least some people would. Plus yelling when the defense has the ball isn't done on that side. It's crazy...I was so confused as to what to do. I was a guest in that section but every part of me wanted to scream. I wanted to curse after many plays but there was a family of four below me who I didn't want to offend. And I wanted to jump out of my seat several times but I felt like the old people behind me would throw a cane at me!

It's weird...

I much prefer the student section. I'll be interested to see where my seats are this year.

Sit behind those old duffers with an air horn. A couple blasts from that before they can turn their beltones down solves that problem. :lol:

Standing on the seats allows a clear isle in which to pass back and forth from the bathroom and concession stands without disturbing anyone. I see no problem with it.

My rule for standing up is that I am not going to be the first man up. If you are so overstimulated that you can't watch a big play without leaping out of your seat then you need to find a way to calm yourself. Stand when the person in front of you stands, and sit when they sit. At least that way you have an excuse when you hear down in front.

Also don't be that guy who turns around and waves his arms at the crowd imploring them to make some noise. If you are in the crowd, then you should make the noise, its not your responsibility to ask for it. Players can waive their arms all they want however.

:rant

Your avatar and username make me assume you must be new here. In Memorial Stadium, you stand your butt up from the coin toss until both teams are off the field after the game. :)

Someone is behind me who wants me to sit down? I ignore them, and if they really get on my nerves, I tell them to shut up. Getting into a Nebraska football game is hard to do and if I'm lucky enough to scrounge a ticket, I'm going to have the best time I can and support my team as best I can when I'm there.

Fair enough I will wear some comfortable shoes and be ready to stand the entire time. I will probably be so jacked just to be in the building I won't be able to sit anyway. One of the reasons I read this site is because I'm almost giddy over being able to come to a game at one of college footballs great venues, so standing up during the game won't be an issue for me. I just hope you folks are kind to visiting fans who aren't wearing red and don't know all the protocol.

I have always felt bad standing at games. I'm 6'4" and don't have an issue seeing over many people, but I imagine when I am in front of someone especially if its a kid or older person then I am ruining the game for them. Since I don't sit in a particularly raucous section normally I just stay in my seat as much as I can as a courtesy to others.

A little courtesy goes a long way..

I was at an outdoor concert last week with my 7 year old son.

Everyone was standing, so my son was at butt level to everyone else.

I put him up on my shoulders for what I planned to be 15 min, but he was getting in to it and so I asked the couple behind me if they could still see..They lied a little and said they could see fine, so my shoulders got a great workout.

You'd think with all the students prefering to stand, it would make sense to squeeze in a few student sections without the extra seats..solve some of the space problems and give us a chance to beat Alabama's spring game attendance record..I know..I know..It's a pretty weenie record to strive for, but after the last 4 years, we're grasping at almost anything.

I'll stand at every game no matter what the people behind me say or think. I don't stand on the bleachers and I do sit down during timeouts, halftime, etc. I don't get to go to alot of games so when I go I'm going to stand and cheer until I can longer speak! I usually pay more for my tickets then the people around me so I'm going to enjoy myself and if someone doesn't like it I really don't care.

That is the same with myself. I don't know many people who have season tickets. Therefore, when I go to games I pay more than season ticket holders. I am a college student at a small college in Northeast Nebraska I do not have a lot of money to go to most games.

I'll stand at every game no matter what the people behind me say or think. I don't stand on the bleachers and I do sit down during timeouts, halftime, etc. I don't get to go to alot of games so when I go I'm going to stand and cheer until I can longer speak! I usually pay more for my tickets then the people around me so I'm going to enjoy myself and if someone doesn't like it I really don't care.

That is the same with myself. I don't know many people who have season tickets. Therefore, when I go to games I pay more than season ticket holders. I am a college student at a small college in Northeast Nebraska I do not have a lot of money to go to most games.

What's with all the "Me First" attitudes?

Remember...it's swell to be courteous. :clap:koolaid2:

Common Courtesy...wow, what a concept.

Some of this talk reminds me of a concert I went to once. I forget if it was Ozzy or Motley Crue or what but the opening band was a German group called Accept. While they were playing 'Balls to the Wall' this moron behind us kept yelling 'F-- You' at the band and flipping them off. Well, he made the mistake of throwing his arm out once to flip them off and hit my buddy Kenny in the back of the head by mistake.

Suffice to say Kenny taught him the wisdom of simple common courtesy....the hard way. It wasn't pretty.

You never know when a Kenny is going to be right in front of you. Or in the seat behind you... Food for thought.

Don't go to the games if you aren't going to actually cheer for the team. Unless you are over 65 or under 10 quit being lazy and stand up and give the guys on the field some appreciation. Simple as that.

My Mom is 77 (with both knees replaced) and she stands and cheers for most of the game! She amazes me every year with her energy and enthusiasm!

Common Courtesy...wow, what a concept.

Some of this talk reminds me of a concert I went to once. I forget if it was Ozzy or Motley Crue or what but the opening band was a German group called Accept. While they were playing 'Balls to the Wall' this moron behind us kept yelling 'F-- You' at the band and flipping them off. Well, he made the mistake of throwing his arm out once to flip them off and hit my buddy Kenny in the back of the head by mistake.

Suffice to say Kenny taught him the wisdom of simple common courtesy....the hard way. It wasn't pretty.

You never know when a Kenny is going to be right in front of you. Or in the seat behind you... Food for thought.

Sorry about the "corn"y 50's style statement..I was even hoping to be able to include a cartoon drawing with it.

But one of the things that supposedly set the "best fans in the world" apart from the rest of the pack is how we relate to each other.

I'll admit, the older I get, the less tolerant I seem to become..road rage, waiting for my computer to fire up...Trying to explain excel to a new employee in this day & age...etc.. but you never know how a stranger might change your life..If you're nice, they might introduce you to their sexy co-ed grand daughter.

I'm pretty boring to go to a game with..I usually watch it intently like I'm breaking down game film.The extra noise just distracts me, but if enough of us holler..the players will probably get a little fired up.

The real problem is the gosh darned short people. You know who you are. You complain that you can't see when sitting, you complain when you can't see when your standing. You sit on phone books to drive the car, your always asking me to reach the box of cookies on the top shelf at the grocery store or you stand there staring at the cookies waiting, hoping someone will see you delima and offer to help.

Just kidding. The truth is there is room for all of us. Those that stand, those that sit, those that yell and those that are quiet. There's even room for the rather large heavy set guy up in the stands trying to sit in his size 12 body in a size 6 seat while sweating all over those on either side of him.

The game is supposed to be fun and as long as your not vulger have fun. Keep the F bombs for home around your kids not around mine otherwise have fun.

As far as the students are concerned personally if they are the loudest, the most excited and create more disruption for opposing QB's I say put'm as close as you can. Fans come in all shapes and sizes and I say let'm stand. Let the kids stand on the seat (as in little kids) but if your over the age of say 16 or 18 don't stand on the seats please.

It's starting to sound like off season is the whining game, complain complain complain. All will be much better when the season starts and we can all get into it and quit whining.

The people that drive me nuts are the ones who yell at kids who are in that 7-10 year old range to sit down. I remember the first Husker game I went to when I was about 8, I had seats in about the 5th row and there was no way for me to see over the players unless I stood up. Some guy kept yelling at me to sit down. Just this year at the Red White game I saw the same thing happen to another kid who was probably about that age. Those kind of people make me so mad. Let the kids enjoy the game.

And I really don't think they should move the student section. They need to be close to the field so they can have an impact on the game. The only good thing about them moving is the fact that my tickets are high in the southeast corner so I should have better seats this year. :koolaid2:

BRI I often come on here and I enjoy the banterings of you and CY among others. I have often felt that alot of your comments are very accurate and sometimes thought provoking. I rarely get to games myself, the last one was in 98 vs. SCUM. Your statement bothered me because it seems to be indicitive of the "new" attitude towards life in general. Piss on everyone else as long as I'm having a good time. I would like to think that as Huskers and hopefully caring human beings that we could at least have some decorum and manners in our everyday lives as well as special events. Getting to a game is a Big event for me as well but I'am still cognisant of others around me and dont feel that my ticket purchase gives me some inalienable right to be rude to others. I still show my enthusiasm very blatantly but not at the discomfort of others. I dont know, maybe I'm wrong, but I wasn't raised to think that my needs outweigh all others. Just my 2 cents worth. Anyway GO BIG RED!!!!! GOD BLESS T.O. and B.O. :rant