Well scratch the whole buying used idea. Kind of got to thinking(thanks somewhat to huskerguy :) ) and I really don't want to have any risks involved in the process so I've decided to wait until the end of the month when I have more cash and then I'm just going to go out and buy a brand new Elite system.

I love my 360, I got my the first day it came out and have had zero problems with it. I think that it is better than the ps3. When comparing game titles i would have to give it to xbox becuase GTA4 and COD4 and all the major game titles are out the same time as PS3 anymore. Yeah PS3 has metal Gear Solid but the 360 has Splinter Cell, Pretty Much the Same game. Xbox has the halos(Which I play all the time) and Gears of war which is a frickin sweet game and cant wait for GOW2 to come out. I just wish that xbox would put the Blue Ray in there system.

I got a 360 on launch and it broke within the week and then got another that broke about a year after that so I guess I just don't trust them much

Yeah I know what you mean. It seems like half the people I talk to have had problems and the other half have never had a problem. Kind of strange. Almost like theres a string of bad ones out there and a string of good ones.

I won a free 360 through club.live.com, while my sister and brother-in-law won a freebie through a local radio station. Both our systems still work just fine, both were the pro bundle (hard drive, wireless controller, etc.) I don't know if I could have ever justified paying for a console, but I've had a good time with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a 360 on launch and it broke within the week and then got another that broke about a year after that so I guess I just don't trust them much

Yeah I know what you mean. It seems like half the people I talk to have had problems and the other half have never had a problem. Kind of strange. Almost like theres a string of bad ones out there and a string of good ones.

Well crappolla...I'm just seeing this...don't know what you decided, but I can say this:

Don't let buying used effect your decision...I had an Xbox 360 that was 2 years old, then bought another one because I wanted the HDMI port and a second one. I later decided that I didn't need a second, and sold my old one to a buddy. He sat it on the carpet horizontally, which in my opinion helps lead to the red ring of death. Needless to say, that's what he had in about three weeks time. When he told me, the first thing I said was not to worry, the warranty lasted three years and I thought I knew where the receipts was...and that he was stupid for just lying it straight on the carpet (the easiest way for them to overheat).

Anyway, before I could get home to even look for the receipt, he had already been on the line with tech support, and all he had to provide was a serial number. They were shipping him the box to send it back in. All of the units are manufactured warrantied for three years. The overall process took under three weeks and he now has a completely refurbished Xbox 360 for half of what they cost.

Anyway, point of the story, I wouldn't hesitate to be used in this instance if you're getting a great deal.