bo sez frank wuz robbed!

link, kids.

discuss.

oh, and then there was this...

Pelini talked and answered questions for 70 minutes before a record St. Pius/St. Leo crowd. In the middle, he even produced a signed Brett Favre jersey for Bob Carlisle, who had bid on the item in 2003 but never received it.

Pelini said he found it while going through some boxes during his three-year stay as defensive coordinator at Louisiana State.

"Now that he's retired," Pelini told Carlisle, "it's worth a heck of a lot more money than it used to be."

how the heck did that happen?

Despite all of the uncertainty of what our record might be this year, and what our team might look like, you have to get behind two things Coach Pelini said in the article:

"There is not a team on our schedule that we can't compete with." Competition, what a concept. I know it's easy to pile on the previous coaching staff now that they're gone, but it wasn't the losses that were so disheartening, it was the fact that we didn't compete in several (most) of those losses.

"You will see a team that will play with passion." You can't ask more of college kids than that IMO.

Go Big Red

Not that I am a big fan of Solich I do think he got the wrong end of the deal. He wasn't the coach for the job, the program was to big for him and his character issues would have eventually been leaked to the media.

Getting fired after going 9-3 is almost unheard of, and if his successor was sucessful his firing and the events leading up to it would have been forgotten, but as it stands now I am glad he is gone and really excited with the staff we have in place.

I wonder when I'll be able to NOT read about Frank Solich on a message board at least once a year.

maybe if you live long enough into this century it'll happen. say around 2070 or something. provided our islamic mullahs rulers and/or robot overlords allow football to still be played.

(i, for one, welcome our new robot overlords!)

• 2 weeks later...

more picking at the wounded scabs of huskernation...

pelini says solich got raw deal.

think of it as bo re-breaking the bone so it can set properly.

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Bo Pelini has a lot of Husker fans excited about the upcoming season.

The first-year Nebraska head football coach knows all about the expectations in Nebraska. He spent one year as the defensive coordinator for Frank Solich before the entire staff was fired after a 9-3 season.

Pelini hasn't hesitated to discuss the past and future of his team. He's been vocal about saying Solich got a raw deal when he got fired.

Click here to find out more!

"I've said my piece. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If Tom Shatel disagrees, that's his prerogative," Pelini said. "He's going to say what he wants anyway. I know I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for Frank Solich. He gave me the chance to get back into college football. So if people don't like that, tough. "

In a Big 12 season expected to be full of strong teams, Pelini said he's already set a standard for success.

"Obviously, I want to win them all. If we come out there and play with passion and intelligence and discipline, and represent this university and the fans off the field, and have no incidents, and do the things to represent ourselves well, we will represent ourselves well," Pelini said. "I'm not looking to put a number on it. I do know this: if we continue on the same path that we're on, we can compete with anyone and then let the chips fall where they may. I don't see anybody on our schedule that we can't compete with. That's not the case. But, it will be the case if we lose sight of the process and we don't keep working hard. If we keep the same attitude that we have now and have had through the spring through the winter and continue it on through the summer and the fall, we'll be fine. "

Hear more from Pelini on KETV NewsWatch 7 at 10 p.m. on May 25.

As much as I dislike Pud, the entire Solich debacle was caused IMO by none other than the boosters. $Bill flew the coup because he didn't want to be the one to throw down the axe. They wanted change and a pro-style offense. They got exactly what they paid for. Now, they want Pelini to come in and right the ship that they dismantled. I hope he does, but this just goes to show you what happens when the money talks.