ATH Maalik Bomar

Player: Maalik Bomar

Hometown: Cincinnati, OH

Position: ATH

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 190 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Toledo, Miami of OH, Cincinnati

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Bomar plays multiple positions in HS. Projects as OLB/DB/WR at next level. HS coach says Bomar has three great assets in "relentless pursuit, willingness to throw his body at the ball, and leadership." Free Scout (older article prior to NU offer) is here: http://toledo.scout.com/2/734232.html

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15%. I get sense Bomar is type of player Pelini is looking for and Bomar could excel at NU. I hope he can visit and get sense of becoming a Cornhusker.

More on Bomar from Husker Journal. Can't tell if he thinks NU is too far or not? Hopefully he makes it out for visit.

MAY 4, 2008. PREP STAR

MAALIK BOMAR, OLB/WR, 6-1, 190, 4.5, CINCINNATI (WINTON WOODS), OH

Maalik has offers from Nebraska, Connecticut, Toledo, Wisconsin and West Virginia.

“I just got a letter from Nebraska saying that they offered me a scholarship.” said Bomar, “They want me to visit them this summer, I probably not because it’s so far away.”

“I haven’t contacted Nebraska yet. I’m not sure if I would visit them or not.” he said, “Distance is not a factor, I don’t want to stay too close or too far away.”

“Wisconsin wants me as a linebacker.” said Bomar, “They want me to make the summer camp, that’s a possible. I get letters from Wisconsin every once in awhile. I call the coaches for now.”

“I’m going to Ohio State’s summer camp to see if the coaches like me.” he said, “Right now Ohio State just like Michigan they send me letters.”

“I like West Virginia they won their bowl game last year. They are a good school.” said Bomar, “West Virginia wants me to make the June 29th camp I’m going to try to do that.”

“My coach sends out film to other schools all the time to see if I will get some more offers.”

• 1 month later...