Season Prediction Poll

Do you agree with the article from rivals?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We beat you the last two times in Lawrence, both times badly. We lost the last 2 times in Lincoln, both times in very close games. Not agreeing with the writer, but if the last 4 years are a guide, we have an edge. THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT, IN PART OR IN FULL, OF THE ARTICLE (thought I needed to have some credibility)

In the last 4 years, we are 2-2, but the Jayhawks have outscored Nebraska 156-107....

Ha! So because the Jayhawks played good the last four years, a "series" should be considered the last 4 years? That's hilarious.

A "series" between two teams should be dating back to the very first game played to the last game played between the two teams. The KU vs. NU series dates back to 1892. During that time, the record is in NU's favor, by a very large margin: 88-23-3.

And that, my friend, was why I strongly disagreed with the individual writing the article when they said, "Kansas owns this series now..." Ummm...no. Well, maybe if you discount about 70 years worth of Nebraska victories against Kansas, then I guess Kansas could "own" this series. Maybe that's what the writer was doing...

What a joke!

I really like KU's chances of beating NU in Lincoln this year. Alot of experience coming back for KU. It's going to be tough to score on the Hawks in 08, but the Huskers will be helped by the home crowd.

It's too early to tell what will happen with injuries and all, but I think this is KU's best shot in 39 years. No question. Oh, and Cy- Please put the crack ____ down because KU won't finish 5-7. Keep dreamin dude. After some serious thought, I do see ISU winning 6 games this year. Your schedule sets up nice for a run. But I have one question for ya....who is there QB gonna be???

We beat you the last two times in Lawrence, both times badly. We lost the last 2 times in Lincoln, both times in very close games. Not agreeing with the writer, but if the last 4 years are a guide, we have an edge. THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT, IN PART OR IN FULL, OF THE ARTICLE (thought I needed to have some credibility)

In the last 4 years, we are 2-2, but the Jayhawks have outscored Nebraska 156-107....

Ha! So because the Jayhawks played good the last four years, a "series" should be considered the last 4 years? That's hilarious.

A "series" between two teams should be dating back to the very first game played to the last game played between the two teams. The KU vs. NU series dates back to 1892. During that time, the record is in NU's favor, by a very large margin: 88-23-3.

And that, my friend, was why I strongly disagreed with the individual writing the article when they said, "Kansas owns this series now..." Ummm...no. Well, maybe if you discount about 70 years worth of Nebraska victories against Kansas, then I guess Kansas could "own" this series. Maybe that's what the writer was doing...

What a joke!

Well, K-state beat us like 15 times in a row and we STILL have a 28 game lead over them, but I would not say that until recently, we retook some form in the series, winnning 3 of the last 4. I think you can have control of the series without being the team that is historically dominant. That said, I would only say that at this time, Kansas has an gained the advantage, if ever so slightly. If we are speaking who is historically the better team, who owns the series in the sense of its entire history, then of course it is not even a conversation. I am just saying your interpretation is not the only one as to what could be meant by who has the advantage in the series. All that said, by no measure are we dominant, so in this we do agree, by a lot. If we whip you guys in Lincoln, even then it would not be dominance, 3 out of 5 is not that, and it is a new coach. Not that I am predicting this, I am just saying nothing that happens this year changes my opinion of the series dramatically.

Well, K-state beat us like 15 times in a row and we STILL have a 28 game lead over them, but I would not say that until recently, we retook some form in the series, winnning 3 of the last 4. I think you can have control of the series without being the team that is historically dominant. That said, I would only say that at this time, Kansas has an gained the advantage, if ever so slightly. If we are speaking who is historically the better team, who owns the series in the sense of its entire history, then of course it is not even a conversation. I am just saying your interpretation is not the only one as to what could be meant by who has the advantage in the series. All that said, by no measure are we dominant, so in this we do agree, by a lot. If we whip you guys in Lincoln, even then it would not be dominance, 3 out of 5 is not that, and it is a new coach. Not that I am predicting this, I am just saying nothing that happens this year changes my opinion of the series dramatically.

Having an "advantage" and "owning" a series are two TOTALLY different things...