After doing a little more thinking last night and this morning, and after talking with a buddy of mine...

I've come to the conclusion that the BU/OSU game does not matter to us in terms of us making the Championship game.

Say Baylor loses to OSU and Nebraska wins out, it would look like this...

NU 2-1

KSU 2-1

BU 1-2

OSU 1-2

If Baylor beats OSU and Nebraska wins out:

NU 2-1

KSU 2-1

BU 2-1

OSU 0-3

In both of those situations Nebraska would own the tie-breaker and would go to the championship game.

So we just need to beat KSU and OSU, and Baylor has to lose to KSU.

Hope the Baseball Gods haven't forgotten about us. There's still a chance, but we need some help.

I thought the tie braker would go to head to head.? If Nebraska and Baylor were both 2-1 Baylor would go due to the head to head tie braker. If this in incorrect let me know. If it goes by the seeding to the tie braker feel free to let me know. Go Big Red

After doing a little more thinking last night and this morning, and after talking with a buddy of mine...

I've come to the conclusion that the BU/OSU game does not matter to us in terms of us making the Championship game.

Say Baylor loses to OSU and Nebraska wins out, it would look like this...

NU 2-1

KSU 2-1

BU 1-2

OSU 1-2

If Baylor beats OSU and Nebraska wins out:

NU 2-1

KSU 2-1

BU 2-1

OSU 0-3

In both of those situations Nebraska would own the tie-breaker and would go to the championship game.

So we just need to beat KSU and OSU, and Baylor has to lose to KSU.

Hope the Baseball Gods haven't forgotten about us. There's still a chance, but we need some help.

I thought the tie braker would go to head to head.? If Nebraska and Baylor were both 2-1 Baylor would go due to the head to head tie braker. If this in incorrect let me know. If it goes by the seeding to the tie braker feel free to let me know. Go Big Red

Sorry for any confusion, I had to type fast to get back from my lunch break...

If there are two teams tied, the tie-breaker goes to the winner of the head-to-head game. If more than two teams are tied, the tie-breaker goes to the highest seed.

The above scenarios are all assuming that KSU beats Baylor and Nebraska wins it's next two games. Thus, either making it a tie between KSU and NU, in which case the tie-breaker would go to Nebraska because they beat KSU. Or it's a 3-way tie between Baylor, NU, and KSU, in which case the tie-breaker would go to NU because they are the higher seeded team.

That is why the Baylor/OSU game doesn't matter to us. If Baylor wins, it's a 3-way. If OSU wins, it's between KSU and Nebraska.

But like I said, in order for it to work out that way Baylor has to lose to KSU, and Nebraska must beat KSU and OSU.

Hope that helps. If you're still confused, feel free to ask.

EDIT: Texas beat Texas A&M today 15-9.

And Mizzou leads OU 3-2 in the 7th.

If Mizzou wins, they will go to the Championship game

OU beats Mizzou 4-3 on a 2 RBI double in the bottom of the ninth! Mizzou also pitched Crow tonight... so he won't be available for the rest of the weekend....

OU has to beat Texas on Saturday to advance to the Championship game...

After Day 2:

Div. 1:

#8 OU 2-0

#4 MU 1-1

#5 Texas 1-1

#1 A&M 0-2

Div. 2:

#6 Baylor 1-0

#7 KSU 1-0

#2 OSU 0-1

#3 Nebraska 0-1

Friday: