Kicker Jordan Congdon

I'm not sure how Jordan will work out stat wise at the end of this season. Especially since he hasn't kicked that many field goals.

Last season though he was 19 of 23 in field goals.

He was 0 for 0 in the 50+ yard range

3 of 3 in the 40 to 49 yard range

7 of 8 in the 30 to 39 yard range

9 of 12 in the 1 to 29 yard range

I agree Jordan does need to be able to kick the ball into the end zone. But he does seem to be a very good field goal kicker.

This kids need to get on the weights he sucks so bad!

Sad thing is he has hit the weights and is stronger than last year but isn't where the team needs him to be. Not sure if he'll ever get to that level. He's worked with kicking instructors in San Diego before he got here and in the off season that swear he's destined for the next level. Time will tell but I doubt it.

Not knocking Jordan here - he is the best we have, and overall has not been bad (except the lack of depth on kickoffs). I am curious what ever happened to David Dyches. Remember him? Fresh faced kid who made quite a few kicks as a true freshman back in 2004.

I know he was on the team last year (I think he even kicked a FG or two), but I haven't seen/heard anything about him this year. Did he transfer?

Not knocking Jordan here - he is the best we have, and overall has not been bad (except the lack of depth on kickoffs). I am curious what ever happened to David Dyches. Remember him? Fresh faced kid who made quite a few kicks as a true freshman back in 2004.

I know he was on the team last year (I think he even kicked a FG or two), but I haven't seen/heard anything about him this year. Did he transfer?

Dyches is at University of Northern Colorado. Not doing too well in the fg department 1-4, but is 11 for 11 in pats

I forgot to add that I think Congdon is a good kicker inside the 40. Really consistent, but not the weapon that he was billed to be when he was recruited.

Thanks for the update!

One other player I was wondering about was Jordan Adams. Anyone remember him? He was a hotshot QB Juco transfer from California that joined the team in 2004. Was supposed to be pretty good, but he got mono & then had his spleen removed. Was out for all of 2004. I think he was on the roster last year, but don't think he is with us anymore.

Watching Zac get beat up the last few weeks has had me thinking about our backup QB situation............... We are 1 play away from putting Ganz out there. Unless Hildebrand is coming along? That guy is supposed to have some skills.

Thanks for the update!

One other player I was wondering about was Jordan Adams. Anyone remember him? He was a hotshot QB Juco transfer from California that joined the team in 2004. Was supposed to be pretty good, but he got mono & then had his spleen removed. Was out for all of 2004. I think he was on the roster last year, but don't think he is with us anymore.

Watching Zac get beat up the last few weeks has had me thinking about our backup QB situation............... We are 1 play away from putting Ganz out there. Unless Hildebrand is coming along? That guy is supposed to have some skills.

Last I heard, he was moved to safety. Hope he is getting his education, cuz I don't think he will ever see the field.

Congdon was way overrated last year. He has a weak leg and kicks the ball low. He is usually accurate from 35 in.

YES!!! I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up in this thread. Make sure and tell this year's freshman all american kicker that he's overrated to.

If you only knew man. If you only knew. DJR knows. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: