MOCK LEAGUE GAME RESULTS

Opening up with a powerful running attack and then holding on for dear life at the end, the Reds pulled out an opening day 24-17 victory over the Whites to kick off the Mock League season.

The Reds opened the game by pounding the ball up the middle behind their imposing offensive line, ripping through White’s hapless defense like a hot knife through butter leading to a 24 yard field goal on their first drive. After getting the ball back on a punt, another steady diet of ground pounding resulted in a 2 yard dive by Hskerpwr13 making the score 10-0.

White struck back on the insuing kickoff as Huskerfan500 returned the kick 96 yards to close the 1st quarter scoring with the score Red – 10, White – 7

The second quarter was more of the same as the imposing Red offense continued to humiliate the prostate White defense with a mixture of punishing runs and short passes. The Reds started the quarter off with a 92-yard drive culminating with a 6 yard scoring flip from huskerfaninokieland to jonnyhuska. White’s offense proved to be as hapless as the defense as they only managed 2 yards on three carries into the line and were forced to punt yet again. The Reds took over on their 42-yard line and immediately marched down the field, scoring on a 17-yard bootleg by huskerfaninokieland. The half ended with White making their first sustained offensive drive but having to settle for a 38-yard field goal as time expired.

Half Time Score – Red – 24, White – 10

During halftime, the White team fired Kevin Cosgrove as the Defensive Consultant resulting in a much more impressive showing in the 3rd quarter. Red could not get their running game going and their short passing game was proving to be ineffective. White, meanwhile, came out throwing, setting up two long drives. Unfortunately, both drives were snuffed out by interceptions as White tried to force the ball into double coverage. After the 3rd quarter, the score remained Red – 24, White – 10

With time winding down in the 4th quarter, White began airing the ball out, finally hitting pay dirt with 5 minutes left as huskerinkc hooked up with Huskerjock on a 34-yard scoring strike. After a totally miserable attempt at an on-side kick, the White defense forced Red into a three and out, receiving the punt on their own 39. With 1:23 to go, White began to move up the field with quick sideline passes. With 17 seconds to go, on the Red 27 yard line, White used their last time out, trailing by a touchdown. Red brought set up in a prevent defense resulting in a deflection in the end zone for an incomplete pass on 1st down. On second down, Huskerjock attempted to hit Stigori on the right sideline but overthrew him leading to 3rd down with 9 seconds left. The ball was snapped…Huskerjock rolled right and zipped the ball toward Huskerfan500, running a crossing pattern through the end zone. The ball was slightly behind the receiver and was picked off by Bbhusker (who foolishly ran it out of the endzone where he got his ass kicked by BigBL87).

Final Score – Red 24 – White 17

Stay tuned for post-game reaction and commentary.

Red Stats – Offense

Passing HuskerfaninOkieland 11-22-143 – 1 TD, I Int

Rushing hskrpwr13 24 - 73 yds – 1 TD

Drowning in the Sea of Red 5 – 24 yds

HuskerfaninOkieland 8 – 14 yds – 1 TD

Huskerballz 6 – 12 yds

Receiving Dundermuffinguy 5 – 81 yds

Jonnyhuska 2 – 26 yds – 1 TD

I See Red People 3 – 17 yds

Huskerballz 1 – 18 yds

Kicking Dundermuffinguy 1 –1 FG

3 –3 PAT

Red Stats – Defense

Tackles Solo Assisted Sacks

sarge87 1 2 0

Jayhawk 3 0 0

M-247gunner 0 2 0

Touchdown Tommie 0 2 0

Drowning in the Sea of Red 7 2 1

I See Red People 4 0 0

hskrpwr13 2 3 0

Dundermuffinguy 1 0 0

Jonnyhuska 3 0 0

Bbhusker 3 3 0

sea o' red 2 1 1

Interceptions Jonnyhuska 1 – 19 yds

I See Red People 1 – 38 yds

Bbhusker 1 – 4 yards

White Stats – Offense

Passing huskerjock 24-45-228 yds – 1 TD, 3 Int

Rushing papersun87 13 - 23 yds

Huskernumerouno 2 – 9 yds

Stigori 1 – 3 yds

huskerjock 7 – 0 yds

Receiving huskerinkc 9 – 98 yds – 1 TD

Stigori 4 – 38 yds

Papersun87 3 – 5 yds

Huskerfan500 4 - 52 yds

Huskernumerouno 3 – 4 yds

Kicking Stigori 1 –1 FG

2 –2 PAT

Red Stats – Defense

Tackles Solo Assisted Sacks

Husker N TX 3 1 1

BigBL87 0 1 0

mtsamuelson 1 1 0

husker B-rent 1 0 0

BIGREDFAN_in_OMAHA 3 2 0

ironmike 4 2 0

Huskernumerouno 5 5 0

Huskerinkc 2 1 0

Sindonesia 3 1 0

huskerjock 3 3 0

papersun87 2 2 0

Interceptions papersun87 1 – 5 yds

Total Offense Run Pass Total

Red 123 142 265

White 30 228 258

White struck back on the insuing kickoff as Bobeliever returned the kick 96 yards to close the 1st quarter scoring with the score Red – 10, White – 7

:wtf:wtf

You mean the Red Teams coach is a kick returner for the White Team?

Uh...I have no idea what you're talking about.... <_<

Hey...YOU try to read all these scribbles my kid makes and transcribe them into words... :angry:

WAY TO GO RED ! THE ONLY THING THAT WORRIED ME WAS THAT 4TH QUARTER .. WE WERE LOOKIN A LITTLE DEHYDRATED. NOT TO WORRY CUZ I GOT CONNECTIONS. I HAVE A GUY WORKING ON A SPECIALLY FORMULATED SPORTS SUPER DRINK THAT CONSISTS MAINLY OF ALCOHOL AND ELECTROLYTES.. IT'S KINDA LIKE A RED BULL/VODKA ON STEROIDS.. DON'T WORRY IT'S PERFECTLY ILLEGAL AND IT'LL BE READY BY THE NEXT GAME... GOOD WORK MEN !!

:cheers

You're the Commish! Impose some sort of penalty. Make him mow the lawn or wash your car or give you a foot massage

Hmmm....good idea. Perhaps I'll make him go on a date with my ex-wife. I can't think of a more excruciating punishment....

Make him go on a date with MY ex-wife <_<

Maybe we should make YOUR ex-wife go out with MY ex-wife....and then make the losing team watch the video....