Stoops' ex-troops

linkage.

it's about how ex-stoops assistants are all over the big twelve: Mangino in kansas, leech at texas tech and of course BO! here in beautiful nebraska.

personally, the story of carl pelini got his break at k-state was pretty good.

Carl Pelini is Bo's older brother. Their friendship with Stoops dates back to their childhood days, when they were neighbors and teammates at Cardinal Mooney High School in Youngstown, Ohio.

Stoops laughs when he recalls helping Carl Pelini get a job on Bill Snyder's staff at K-State. Stoops was the Wildcats' co-defensive coordinator when he recommended Snyder hire the older Pelini brother.

Stoops said his wife, Carol, "still tells the story about how I was walking out the door one day to go recruiting when Carl pulled up in our driveway and I said to her, 'Oh, by the way, Carl Pelini's going to be living in our basement for the next three months while he's getting ready to be our graduate assistant.'

And she was like, 'What!?'

linkage.

it's about how ex-stoops assistants are all over the big twelve: Mangino in kansas, leech at texas tech and of course BO! here in beautiful nebraska.

personally, the story of carl pelini got his break at k-state was pretty good.

Carl Pelini is Bo's older brother. Their friendship with Stoops dates back to their childhood days, when they were neighbors and teammates at Cardinal Mooney High School in Youngstown, Ohio.

Stoops laughs when he recalls helping Carl Pelini get a job on Bill Snyder's staff at K-State. Stoops was the Wildcats' co-defensive coordinator when he recommended Snyder hire the older Pelini brother.

Stoops said his wife, Carol, "still tells the story about how I was walking out the door one day to go recruiting when Carl pulled up in our driveway and I said to her, 'Oh, by the way, Carl Pelini's going to be living in our basement for the next three months while he's getting ready to be our graduate assistant.'

And she was like, 'What!?'

LOL

I think the article got it wrong. A lot more of Bill Snyder assistants in the Big 12. Where do they think Stoops assembled them from and came from himself?

true didn't mangino start at ksu? reason why tom will never have a great tree is the coaches never really moved.

The biggest reason everyone wanted out of KState while Snyder was there was because he was a workaholic. He worked like 18 hours a day and sometimes spent the night in his office going over film. His assistants didn't really go for this. If memory serves me correctly, Leach, both Stoops, Mangino, etc. all came off of Snyder's staff.