Tyrell Spain

4.44 aint very fast is it? I mean isnt everybody suposed to be 4.40 all the time when we recruit them. hes slower it looks like.

No not necessarily. Sure, you have to have speed, but you also have to be able to be able to get position on a good corner and run good routes.

4.44 isn't slow. It isn't rediculously fast, but it isn't slow at all.

For comparison.

USC's Mike Williams ran a 4.59 and 4.61 according to espn's Len Pasquarelli.

Mike measured in at 6'4 229 at the combine, but when he first came to USC he was 6'3-6'4 and 200lbs the same size Spain is now.

I'm not comparing the two talent wise, I'm just pointing out that both are similar in size at the beginning of their college careers and Mike did pretty good despite his blazing speed. ;)

Also it was said by both Damon Benning and (I believe Sean Callahan) that Spain was the best WR in 7 on 7's this summer. Fwiw.

So if Spain is 6'3 and 200lbs and runs a 4.4 or 4.5 and was also the best WR's in 7 on 7's this summer, I'm sure he'll be ok in this offense... ;)

For comparison.

USC's Mike Williams ran a 4.59 and 4.61 according to espn's Len Pasquarelli.

Mike measured in at 6'4 229 at the combine, but when he first came to USC he was 6'3-6'4 and 200lbs the same size Spain is now.

I'm not comparing the two talent wise, I'm just pointing out that both are similar in size at the beginning of their college careers and Mike did pretty good despite his blazing speed. ;)

Also it was said by both Damon Benning and (I believe Sean Callahan) that Spain was the best WR in 7 on 7's this summer. Fwiw.

So if Spain is 6'3 and 200lbs and runs a 4.4 or 4.5 and was also the best WR's in 7 on 7's this summer, I'm sure he'll be ok in this offense... ;)

I dunno about the size thing, he is also 2 years further along than Mike Williams and may not get much bigger, but who knows. With that being said, I think his 40 time shows him plenty capable in this offense. Heck, I don't know if Jerry Rice was ever that fast and he turned out alright. If someone who watched him, such as Benning, has such high praise for him, that makes me want to see him play even more. Hopefully all this time out hasn't killed any chance for PT for him this season.