2005 Recruiting Class

What grade would you give this year's recruiting class?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

formerfan, I'm just saying that this class is full of speed, one of the fastest classes in the history of Nebraska recruiting to my knowledge. I don't really think the 40 time is even the best way to measure speed. Cone drills and shuttle drills are much more important depending on the position (with WRs and DBs the 40 is probably the most important), but from watching film on all these guys, I think that we have a lot of speed coming in here and it will help us tremendously as early as next year. The fact that our slowest linebacker this year runs a 4.6 really excites me as far as improving our coverage in the flats goes.

Don't doubt Dillard's speed. He has some incredible quickness getting to the ballcarrier, probably the most impressive LB of any at the All American game.

Also, like Oviedo said, Lucky was just amazing at the AA game when he got in space. If that kid hits a seam he's gone, I don't care if his "official" 40 was 4.3 or 4.9.

Don't doubt Dillard's speed. He has some incredible quickness getting to the ballcarrier, probably the most impressive LB of any at the All American game.

Also, like Oviedo said, Lucky was just amazing at the AA game when he got in space. If that kid hits a seam he's gone, I don't care if his "official" 40 was 4.3 or 4.9.

I agree with you about Lucky, Dillard was real good at the all star game, but Rey Maulauga is just as good or better. He jumped over the center and blocked a field goal, was flying all over the field a la Junior Seau. Dillard's good, but I'd take Rey Rey anyday.

Don't doubt Dillard's speed.  He has some incredible quickness getting to the ballcarrier, probably the most impressive LB of any at the All American game. 

Also, like Oviedo said, Lucky was just amazing at the AA game when he got in space.  If that kid hits a seam he's gone, I don't care if his "official" 40 was 4.3 or 4.9.

I agree with you about Lucky, Dillard was real good at the all star game, but Rey Maulauga is just as good or better. He jumped over the center and blocked a field goal, was flying all over the field a la Junior Seau. Dillard's good, but I'd take Rey Rey anyday.

Agreed, both very good but if I had to pick one I would take rey.

I was talking about 40 times. How was that not on the topic??????????????

Your post was about how Frank supposidly never brought in speed and I felt with the people involved in this thread, it could have headed downward.

It didn't have anything to do with the 2005 recruiting class. I am not going to let every thread eventually be talking about how Frank sucks or Callahan and Co. sucks, or etc.

If you want to talk about Frank not recruiting speed, please start another topic.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Yeah, because projecting talent at that age is just soo easy. I really doubt Cally recruited stars, he just so happened to agree that the best players were the ones the scouts said were the best players. If the scouts had given all our 4 and 5 star recruits only 3 stars, we wouldn't be blaming Callahan for an underachieving class.

Blame the scouts. It's all subjective anyway, who cares.