No..Really...THIS is Nebraska's Season

That WM Bronco guy don't know crap....THIS is how the 2008 season will REALLY go….

Western Michigan Broncos @ NU – Huskers give the Broncos a ride up Broke Back Mountain as the defense takes a year of frustration out on Western Michigan, leaving them looking like they were rode hard and hung up wet. WMU scores on late interception and fumble recovery late in the game. Offense manages a field goal. Nebraska dominates 48-17

San Jose State Spartans @ NU – Husker defense continues to put the hurt on opposing offenses as the overmatched Spartans are routed by Nebraska. The Huskers used a punishing running attack to pummel the hapless Spartans with Marlon Lucky going over 100 yards rushing for the second consecutive game. Nebraska goes 8 consecutive quarters without giving up an offensive touchdown winning 35-3

New Mexico State Aggies @ NU – The Aggies made a game of it early using their highly regarded passing attack to keep it close in the 1st half but the Huskers superior strength and conditioning allow them to wear the Aggies down in the second half. Half-time adjustments shut down the NMSU offense late in the game giving the Huskers the win 42-24. Lucky passes 100 yards rushing for third consecutive game. Ganz passes for 250 and three TDs.

Virginia Tech Hokies @ NU – Against the their most difficult challenge in this young season, the young Nebraska defense comes of age, holding the high powered Hokie offense in check to earn a hard fought victory. The Nebraska offense was plagued by turnovers in the game, wasting killing drives by losing three fumbles and two interceptions. Lucky held to 87 yards rushing…Ganz passing totals hurt by numerous dropped passes. Effort was good enough for a 17-14 victory.

Missouri Tigers @ NU – After a surprising 4-0 start, NU shows it is no fluke by taking the vaunted Tigers to the wire before losing on a 4th quarter drive. Missouri started the game by taking a commanding 21-0 lead into the locker room at half but NU stormed back behind the arm of Ganz to pull ahead in the middle of the 4th quarter 24-21. Missouri ended the game with a late TD drive handing the Huskers their first lose 24-28

NU @ Texas Tech Red Raiders – The road proves to be a lonely place for the Huskers who suffer a big defeat in their first game away from Lincoln. Texas Tech lit up the Nebraska secondary for long gains as they took a big lead in the first half and pulled away in the second. Huskers suffer first road lose of year 17-35.

NU @ Iowa State Cyclones – Road woes continue as Huskers fall on disputed last second play as clock expires. Lucky fails in attempt to get out of bounds to stop clock with time running out but video later shows unknown yard marker official shoves Lucky back into play before he crosses the sideline. Nebraska protest fails. NU looks tired…ISU looks like ISU but somehow holds on 14-17.

Baylor Bears @ NU – Huskers, back at home after a disheartening road trip, tear the Bears apart in Lincoln. The Husker defense held Baylor to less than 100 yards on the ground for their second straight stellar performance. Lucky and crew run wild. Nebraska takes advantage of sell-out crowd 34-3

NU @ Oklahoma – Historic match-up between two teams battling for the top of their respective divisions. NU at 5-3 and trying to catch 8-0 ISU and Oklahoma who is tied with Texas Tech in the south, put it all on the line as Ganz and Bradford battle throughout the game. Fourth quarter field goal by OU as time expires leave NU winless on the road 21-24.

Kansas Jayhawks @ NU – The Jayhawks continue their miserable slide to the cellar as they take one on the chin in Lincoln. NU greeted Reesing, playing in his first game since having his head broken off and surgically reattached following the Jayhawk Big 12 opening loss in Ames earlier this year, with some introductions to the turf at Memorial Stadium. Game was not as close as the score indicated as NU led 24-14 before allowing late game desperation TD with two seconds remaining…24-21

Kansas State Wildcats @ NU – NU decimates Wildcats in an easy romp at Lincoln. The Wildcats, distracted by the firing of head coach Prince earlier this week after the Jucogate Grade Scandal broke and was replaced by former Nebraska head coach Bill Callahan, looked totally disorientated and outmanned for the entire game. NU 3rd stringers finally get to play again for the first time since the San Jose State game. Nebraska becomes bowl eligible. 45-21.

Colorado Buffaloes @ NU – Nebraska caps off a Cinderella season by outlasting Colorado at home. Though neither team can win the North title (ISU at 11-1 has already wrapped that up) it was hard fought battle by two fairly equally matched teams featured the bowl bound Huskers vs the bowl hopeful Buffaloes. NU turns back the hard charging Buffaloes to win 27-24

NU finishes the season 3rd in the Big 12 North (behind ISU and MU) with a 3-game winning streak, an 8-4 record and a trip to the “Something” bowl where they get matched up against some undeserving freak team from the Big 10 (probably some loser team like Purdue) and mash them into the turf in a humiliating display of football dominance.

NU @ Iowa State Cyclones – Road woes continue as Huskers fall on disputed last second play as clock expires. Lucky fails in attempt to get out of bounds to stop clock with time running out but video later shows unknown yard marker official shoves Lucky back into play before he crosses the sideline. Nebraska protest fails. NU looks tired…ISU looks like ISU but somehow holds on 14-17.

:rollin

Wow Cy fake or not I almost got goose bumbs reading these you're better than some of the guys in the Journal Star. I know Iowa has been rough on you lately what with the flooding and all. maybe it's time you cross the river.

Wow Cy fake or not I almost got goose bumbs reading these you're better than some of the guys in the Journal Star. I know Iowa has been rough on you lately what with the flooding and all. maybe it's time you cross the river.

Believe me when I say I've tried life on the other side of the river (my old man ran a sod crew that sodded about half of Omaha back in the 70's and made me help which, frankly, sucked) and I believe I will stay right here where there is no grass...only mud. Anyway, the ex lives in Nebraska...nuff said... :angry:

Believable except for the Iowa State part. I also think we're going to do things to Colorado this year that you don't want your kids to hear about.

Boy we gunna put a dress on them.

The CU thing - that's way too funny!

But you know, ISU did run 6,834 plays against us last season. OK it was 102 but anything's possible these days.

Possible, but not likely ;)