Lucky Starting?

Will Lucky start from day one?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It sure good that you guys spend time here on the Internet, cause the real world would mess you all up. The truth is very humbling.

BTW, simple mind? Wow, quite impressive, for someone who logs onto this site to get his daily Husker/Stevie P, Kool-aid recipe. And, considering there has only been one person on this board who has impressed me with his ability to reason and think logically (besides myself, of course), and let me clue ya in on something:

It ain't you.

It's funny how if someone has a view other than you then they are mindless. That makes sense. If you have any further insults, direct them to personal message. You can talk all the smack you want there. I want to keep this board clean, readable and on topic for the members that contribute. It is pretty obvious that one of us cares about this football team and ultimately this message board, and here's a little hint:

It's not you.

That all depends on whether or not we decide to "air" it out 50 times a game. If we pass as much as we did some games last year, there won't be one RB that will happy regardless of whether or not they started much less 3 or 4.

I guess it all comes down to what I've been asking all along: why do we need so many skilled RB's if we're going to run a balanced attack and pass as much as we throw? Hell, TO never had the stable of RB's that we're going to have this year and he threw the ball maybe 20 percent of the time at best. I don't want to hear the argument that RB is a position in high school that a lot of the great players play either unless you can tell me exactly which one of these recruits is going to be moving to a different position other than L. Jackson. Detail what will be done with B. Jackson, Lucky, Ross, Greene, etc.

Before it comes up, don't tell me that they'll bulk up and play FB either because as we all saw last year we really don't need anyone with the skills these guys have to simply block once in a while.

We threw alot for one reason that we were down. Your not going to run the ball to get back into the game.

I disagree. We threw a lot because that's what Callahan does. It's his offense and its what he's done ever since he took over the Raiders. I was watching a replay of Super Bowl 37 with the coaches all miched up and Gruden kept saying in disbelief "they never run the ball, do they?" Love him or hate him, that's Callahan's offense and its what we're going to see. So I tend to agree with what junior said.

Funny thing about football and coaching. Some coaches air it out to get back in a game while some continue to run the ball wearing down the defense. The running game keeps the game close to begin with by controlling the ball. The passing game works effectively as long as there are no INT's.

A fun'n gun offense in football is kind of like a 3 point shooting team in basketball. As long as the ball is going in, everything is great. However, when the balls pop out things go down hill in a hurry. So what does the team do, they continue launching 3's hoping to get back into the game.

The point I was trying to make was why in the hell do we have so many RB's on schollie if we're trying to become a balanced team? We've prided ourself on being a running team for so long, yet we never had a stable of RB's like we do this year when we're trying to become more "balanced" airing it out more.

Personally, I'd have rather seen those scholarships go more towards a game breaking tight end and blocking fullback and another game breaking receiver.

The WCO is about taking what the defense gives you. We were a good running team last year and we will be even better this year. WCO is not all throwing, but it is more than we use to do which was almost none. You can throw to a breakaway back too. We just never did it last year because Dailey could not get through his progressions.

I believe Tierre should be moved to FS. He has the athleticism and was recruited as a DB out of high school, and we need him on the field as much as possibly. Switch him over, maybe even to corner, and let him get on the field. With the talent that we have at RB, he's not gonna see the light of day unless he can develop an inside running game.

I could be wrong, but I believe Ahman Greene was hyped more than Terry Rogers because I believe Rivals or one of those gurus had him ranked in the top 5 RB's in the country. Evans had as much hype as Rogers and Greene as well because he broke all of Barry Sanders' records in high school.

Terry Rogers I believe would have been a stud if he hadn't had a career ending injury to his knee. Too bad he wouldn't have been about 10-15 years younger. I'm sure they could have patched him up and he'd have been able to regain his old form.