Favre comeback rumors hurting his legacy

AZ4NE1

I'd like to see Favre play again...Maybe even at Chicago? (I usually only root for NFL teams with Huskers playing for them, But I'd like to see Favre win another SB and win one for Mike Brown and Zack Bowman..

Someone with his motor probably has a hard time doing nothing... and he still has the skeels.

Do any of you think less of Jordan for going back to Da Bullz after his stint with volleyball er I mean Baseball?

The 3rd comeback with the Wizzards, maybe, but who said you have to go out on top?

It's amazing how quickly "people" are turning on Favre.

Like they couldn't wait for him to show a human side and show a change of mind..

Now they're calling him a crybaby?

Maybe it's true, people love to build up hero's, but they love tearing them down even more.

True. It does get old though to see him hold press conferences year after year to announce he's retiring with him sobbing and hardly able to talk...then he just forgets everything and has a complete change or heart? Sure once, but not this many times. Make up your damn mind Brett. Make no mistake, I still do think he's a great person.

It's amazing how quickly "people" are turning on Favre.

Like they couldn't wait for him to show a human side and show a change of mind..

Now they're calling him a crybaby?

Maybe it's true, people love to build up hero's, but they love tearing them down even more.

True. It does get old though to see him hold press conferences year after year to announce he's retiring with him sobbing and hardly able to talk...then he just forgets everything and has a complete change or heart? Sure once, but not this many times. Make up your damn mind Brett. Make no mistake, I still do think he's a great person.

I can't believe GB isn't jumping at the chance to have him back.

Rogers is fragile and only two rookies backing him up?

He's an attention whore.

Perhaps, but I doubt it. What he's always appeared to be is the guy who loves playing - and has more fun doing it - than about any other player I can remember...

Yeah, I doubt that too. It's entirely understandable from the player's point of view: he wants to play. But from the franchise, and the fans' standpoint, it's much more sensitive. He's a Packer legend. It would be gut-wrenching to see him don another helmet and uniform this season. And yes, it will tarnish his legacy. MM & TT of Green Bay are in a very tough spot here, and Brett's put them there with his indecisiveness. It's not their fault. He just wants to play, but in terms of legacy and perception, it's not that simple.

Then again, he's already done enough with his tearful retirement and then 'PSYCHE!' that he may as well just go play somewhere else anyways (as opposed to tearful retirement->PSYCHE!->well, on second thought, never mind.)

^ Another thing, he should maybe stop airing out all the he-said she-said's. Starting or escalating a finger-pointing game wins no hearts.

I can see what your saying, but I think it's his way of backing them into a corner and making them the bad guy in this whole situation. I think if you read between the lines it's obvious that he wants to stay with Green Bay despite some of the things that he's said.

Yeah, that's true. Both sides are trying to make the others look like the bad guys, and it's not pretty.

From Michael Lombardi at SI.com

• If I were Packers GM Ted Thompson, I would take Favre back but tell him he has very short rope this year. The first sign of his age showing up on the field, I'm making a move. We love you, we honor you, but we need to protect ourselves. And the only reason I'm bringing you back is based on your performance last year, not your name.

Some very sensible advice. Not the best situation for Rodgers, obviously, but much better than their current supposed plan of taking him back and having Rodgers start.

Yeah, that's true. Both sides are trying to make the others look like the bad guys, and it's not pretty.

From Michael Lombardi at SI.com

• If I were Packers GM Ted Thompson, I would take Favre back but tell him he has very short rope this year. The first sign of his age showing up on the field, I'm making a move. We love you, we honor you, but we need to protect ourselves. And the only reason I'm bringing you back is based on your performance last year, not your name.

Some very sensible advice. Not the best situation for Rodgers, obviously, but much better than their current supposed plan of taking him back and having Rodgers start.

I would have to agree with that advice. The worst case scenario for Green Bay is if they don't take him back, somehow trade him, and he ends up at Minnesota or someplace else that they are rivals with i.e. Chicago.