Fall Camp Depth Chart

I am not so worried about the depth chart. Alot of what i think you are seeing are the players that have the heart and drive to be the starters on the depth chart.

I really don't care how good they are at this point as long as i see them make good tackles and not get a shellacking on them.

*Curenski is listed behind Niles. Curious.

Marlon Lucky - or - Roy Helu

I find it interesting you picked up on that - or - and not Niles Paul -or - Curenski.

Whoops - my bad.

Here's an interesting one:

RG:

MATT SLAUSON***, 6-5, 320, Sr., Colorado Springs, Colo.

D.J. Jones*, 6-5, 305, So., Omaha, Neb. - and

RT:

Jaivorio Burkes*, 6-5, 325, So., Phoenix, Ariz.

What does that mean? DJ Jones and whom?

I guess I'm pretty happy about that depth chart. I always have to wonder though about Adi Kunalic..............

Why wonder about Adi, BRI?

Because he's got one helluva a leg and all he does are kickoffs for the most part??? :dunno

I know, i've wondered that too. But it really can't be that hard to judge FG kicking don't you think? you either make it or you miss it. If both Cally and Pelini think Henery is the better kicker, he must be. I haven't been to a game to witness it personally but i think i read that he makes ~50 and 50+ sometimes in warmups. So who knows...

Notes: (just my observations; I don't actually *know* anything)

Offense--

*Anyone else excited to see McNeill as a WCO starting tight end?

*Curenski is listed behind Niles. Curious.

Marlon Lucky - or - Roy Helu

Defense--

*Shukree Barfield didn't crack the top 2 heading into the fall. Instead, Dixon is the top backup at both interior line spots.

*Wait a sec, Zach Potter is a junior? Weren't he and Turner freshmen together?

*This D-Line is going to lose 5 seniors. Keep the recruits comin', Bo.

*I'm surprised that Wortman is holding on to the Buck spot over Blake Lawrence. Either I'm wrong about Lawrence, or this is saying something very good about Wortman.

*Most interesting name on the 2-deep: 2nd-string MIKE Colton Koehler. Although I think Will Compton is heading for Koehler's spot on the depth chart.

*For all we've heard about Prince, Anthony West is penciled in as the starting corner opposite Murillo.

*If Blue's not healthy, we're in trouble. And I don't think he's healthy.

ST:

I wonder what kind of role our two sophomore placekickers are going to have. I assume Adi will be handling kickoffs, but will Henery do all the field goals? Will Adi be OK with that? (Henery is said to have some pretty good leg strength as well)

Regarding the Blue statement --- well, you might be right that we could be in trouble if he is not back. But.... and I cannot be in any way certain, I am of the impression that Anthony West can be quite good. You might recall that as a true freshman he was making some serious strides and was (regarding practices) really talked up as a kid with great potential. He ended up hurt and never really saw much field --- but he has seemingly emerged now. That may not be all bad. West may pan out very nicely indeed.

Murillo also may really blossom --- he is thought to have NFL stuff (or, at least that was the thought when he was recruited). Now with the seasoning, the enhanced confidence (that I assume comes with both experience and with certifiably good coaching behind him), he too might be quite solid.

And, of course Prince Amukamura is a great athlete. Between these three, NU might be OK --- so long as NU gets a pass rush and can reasonably well stop the run. If not (if we cannot get a rush or stop the run), then these three will get toasted --- and even if we had Blue there might not be that much of a difference anyway.

This is a long way of saying that the CB's, if the defensive front is solid, likely will be fine (not a liability anyway --- perhaps not a strength, but not a liability either).

My concern is not with the CB's so much so as the front 7.

Looking at the depth chart is friggin scary. Mike McNeil as the starting TE? And his top back up is a redshirt frosh that has never played. The WR position has some experience and some athleticism, unfortunately the guys with experience aren't the athletic ones. The linebackers 2 deep is a train wreck. Cody Glenn being slated as the starter? Not to take anything away from Cody, but I am not sure if he is that good as opposed to his competition not being all that good. The only thing that is reassuring is that the D-Line is intact from last year, but they were terrible. Lots of question marks all over the place. The O-line is going to have to be dominant run blockers this year, the backs are going to have to be shuffled in freely and try and eat the clock to help the defense out. If Nebraska gets into a shootout with a patchwork defense and inexperienced receivers, this season could be really friggin ugly. On the other hand, some of these guys have a chance to really bust out and make some plays after being overshadowed by upperclassmen undeserving of the amount of playing time they received. It will definitely be a very intriguing season.

I could not agree more. Those who think that Pelini inherited talent near the top of the B12, or even near the top of the B12 North, need only look at this depth chart and realize that Bo has a, well.... less than stellar hand to play in this next seasons poker game. Bo and his staff may be expert poker players (more an impression and a hope than a certifiable reality --- though I am inclined to say this is a really good staff) --- but you can only play your hand and this is no full house that he has (it is more like a pair of deuces, at best). Only so much can be done.

I'm going to take the safe way out and wait until we get into the season a few games to decide whether we have talent or not. The talent subject has been beaten to death. Don't forget that in 06' we were in the Big XII Championship game and lord knows that coaching wasn't our strong point the last 4 years. I'm not saying that we have great overall talent on the team but we do have some.

I'm going to take the safe way out and wait until we get into the season a few games to decide whether we have talent or not. The talent subject has been beaten to death. Don't forget that in 06' we were in the Big XII Championship game and lord knows that coaching wasn't our strong point the last 4 years. I'm not saying that we have great overall talent on the team but we do have some.

nobody wants to believe anymore. we've been burned too many times.