Fall Camp Depth Chart

anthony blue not listed....

wonder how the rehab is coming along...?

From the B12 Media Days as posted on journalstar.com

*** Cornerback Anthony Blue, on the mend from an ACL tear, probably won't be ready to go when fall camp starts in two weeks.

"The timetable on that I'm not sure, but he has started to get over the hump," Husker coach Bo Pelini said. "He's moving forward and making progress, but I don't think he's ready to go quite yet."

I guess I'm pretty happy about that depth chart. I always have to wonder though about Adi Kunalic..............

Why wonder about Adi, BRI?

I wondered the same thing. I've never seen him try a FG, but his kick-offs are brutal to teams hoping for decent returns. He kicks almost into the stands.

Notes: (just my observations; I don't actually *know* anything)

Offense--

*Anyone else excited to see McNeill as a WCO starting tight end?

*Curenski is listed behind Niles. Curious.

Marlon Lucky - or - Roy Helu

Defense--

*Shukree Barfield didn't crack the top 2 heading into the fall. Instead, Dixon is the top backup at both interior line spots.

*Wait a sec, Zach Potter is a junior? Weren't he and Turner freshmen together?

*This D-Line is going to lose 5 seniors. Keep the recruits comin', Bo.

*I'm surprised that Wortman is holding on to the Buck spot over Blake Lawrence. Either I'm wrong about Lawrence, or this is saying something very good about Wortman.

*Most interesting name on the 2-deep: 2nd-string MIKE Colton Koehler. Although I think Will Compton is heading for Koehler's spot on the depth chart.

*For all we've heard about Prince, Anthony West is penciled in as the starting corner opposite Murillo.

*If Blue's not healthy, we're in trouble. And I don't think he's healthy.

ST:

I wonder what kind of role our two sophomore placekickers are going to have. I assume Adi will be handling kickoffs, but will Henery do all the field goals? Will Adi be OK with that? (Henery is said to have some pretty good leg strength as well)

Looking at the depth chart is friggin scary. Mike McNeil as the starting TE? And his top back up is a redshirt frosh that has never played. The WR position has some experience and some athleticism, unfortunately the guys with experience aren't the athletic ones. The linebackers 2 deep is a train wreck. Cody Glenn being slated as the starter? Not to take anything away from Cody, but I am not sure if he is that good as opposed to his competition not being all that good. The only thing that is reassuring is that the D-Line is intact from last year, but they were terrible. Lots of question marks all over the place. The O-line is going to have to be dominant run blockers this year, the backs are going to have to be shuffled in freely and try and eat the clock to help the defense out. If Nebraska gets into a shootout with a patchwork defense and inexperienced receivers, this season could be really friggin ugly. On the other hand, some of these guys have a chance to really bust out and make some plays after being overshadowed by upperclassmen undeserving of the amount of playing time they received. It will definitely be a very intriguing season.

Looking at the depth chart is friggin scary. Mike McNeil as the starting TE? And his top back up is a redshirt frosh that has never played. The WR position has some experience and some athleticism, unfortunately the guys with experience aren't the athletic ones. The linebackers 2 deep is a train wreck. Cody Glenn being slated as the starter? Not to take anything away from Cody, but I am not sure if he is that good as opposed to his competition not being all that good. The only thing that is reassuring is that the D-Line is intact from last year, but they were terrible. Lots of question marks all over the place. The O-line is going to have to be dominant run blockers this year, the backs are going to have to be shuffled in freely and try and eat the clock to help the defense out. If Nebraska gets into a shootout with a patchwork defense and inexperienced receivers, this season could be really friggin ugly. On the other hand, some of these guys have a chance to really bust out and make some plays after being overshadowed by upperclassmen undeserving of the amount of playing time they received. It will definitely be a very intriguing season.

You crazy. Bo's going to win it all!! :koolaid2:

I guess I'm pretty happy about that depth chart. I always have to wonder though about Adi Kunalic..............

Why wonder about Adi, BRI?

I wondered the same thing. I've never seen him try a FG, but his kick-offs are brutal to teams hoping for decent returns. He kicks almost into the stands.

Agreed, kick offs are great. He made a 46 yarder against Nevada last year with no troubles, but i think that was his only attempt. Mighta made a PAT too. Either way, Henery is just as strong as Adi, i think we are loaded at kicker with those 2 guys.