Okie State Offense?

I would like an offense like OSU ran under Fedora, that could score from anywhere, yet the QB could run with the zone read or option and the I-backs could pound you from the I-formation or the spread. Their offense is what the Oz-bone would have evolved into, with more I-formation, maybe. Then they could drop back and make big play in the air.

I would personaly like an offense like West Virginia. With a QB that can throw and run, plus spread out the defense like Mizzou and Tech.

Pat White and Slayton are to FRAGILE to have started for Osborne. He looked for physical/durable players, both those guys were always hurt. Frazier had an illness.

I would personaly like an offense like West Virginia. With a QB that can throw and run, plus spread out the defense like Mizzou and Tech.

Pat White and Slayton are to FRAGILE to have started for Osborne. He looked for physical/durable players, both those guys were always hurt. Frazier had an illness.

Frankie London never really struck me as being a physical QB. Mickie Joseph really never struck me as being a physical QB. Mike Grant, uh no. Of the physical QB's you speak of, I can think of Steve Taylor; Frazier, Berringer, and Frost. I can only remember two games where White was hurt which is a far cry from "always" being hurt.

Frankie London never really struck me as being a physical QB. Mickie Joseph really never struck me as being a physical QB. Mike Grant, uh no. Of the physical QB's you speak of, I can think of Steve Taylor; Frazier, Berringer, and Frost. I can only remember two games where White was hurt which is a far cry from "always" being hurt.

They were not playing for MNCs with Frankie London, Joseph or Mike Grant were they? How would WV fair in the SEC with a fragile QB and RB? The Big East has helped that offense out mucho. I liker OSU's version better, more power up the middle.

They were not playing for MNCs with Frankie London, Joseph or Mike Grant were they? How would WV fair in the SEC with a fragile QB and RB? The Big East has helped that offense out mucho. I liker OSU's version better, more power up the middle.

You said started for TO. Both Joseph and Grant started for TO. We only talk about TO in the years we played for a NC now? If memory serves me right, we started a walk on 3rd string QB against KState one year because not one but two of TO's QB's were hurt. I don't think Pat White is fragile. He faired pretty well against probably the best D in the Big 12 last year.

You said started for TO. Both Joseph and Grant started for TO. We only talk about TO in the years we played for a NC now? If memory serves me right, we started a walk on 3rd string QB against KState one year because not one but two of TO's QB's were hurt. I don't think Pat White is fragile. He faired pretty well against probably the best D in the Big 12 last year.

Those QBs didn't QB his best teams. They QB'd when we were losing to Darian Hagan and the Washington Huskies' ferocious defense!

Those QBs didn't QB his best teams. They QB'd when we were losing to Darian Hagan and the Washington Huskies' ferocious defense!

And this supports your argument that Pat White is too fragile to start for TO how?

And this supports your argument that Pat White is too fragile to start for TO how?

What about Slayton?

I think we will evolve into a west virginia type spread with cody green.

Green was the QB at Dayton that got hurt early, then the backup/WR stepped in an lead them to the 4A semifinals where they got DESTROYED by Lake Travis and Garrett Gilbert.

This guy?

scouts_gilbert_200.jpg

Didn't he just get kicked out of the Elite 11 for stinking up the joint? :sarcasm

This guy?

scouts_gilbert_200.jpg

Didn't he just get kicked out of the Elite 11 for stinking up the joint? :sarcasm

Nevermind. He was injured:

One player we were very excited to see was Garrett Gilbert (Austin, Texas/Lake Travis). Gilbert was a ball boy at last year's Elite 11 and had a monster junior season. A shoulder injury and ensuing surgery threatened to cost Gilbert his entire summer, but he rallied and was back in action Monday.

The 6-3, 190-pound quarterback told us he was close to 100 percent but appeared to take it easy during most of the drills and never really aired it out, which was smart. Just like a running back hesitant to make that first cut following knee surgery, Gilbert will likely need some time before he's ready to cut it loose.