RB Antwaan Cobb

Season Stats: 101 rushes for 800 yards, 10 touchdowns. 11 catches for 245 yards and 1 TD

Pflugerville 52, Westwood 21

Panthers pounce on Warriors

For Westwood, the numbers 38, 18, 13, 27, 21weren't winning lottery numbers. Instead, they represented the opening salvo in a night of offense for Pflugerville.

"It's always key to get off to a good start," running back Antwan Cobb said after his visiting Panthers dispatched the Warriors. "We came out strong and set the tone for the rest of the game."

Pflugerville (4-2, 3-0) opened up the District 15-5A game in style. On its first offensive play, Dalton Gooden took an end around 38 yards to put Pflugerville deep in Westwood territory. The next two plays put the Panthers in the end zone, with Cobb ending the drive with a 13-yard run.

The Warriors (1-5, 1-2) drove right back with a nice drive of their own to tie the score at 7-7, primarily because of a 66-yard catch and run from Chase Rich to Steven Sultzbaugh. However, that was the last time Westwood would be Pflugerville's equal.

The next Panther drive began with Marlon Williams and Cobb going for 27 and 21-yard gains respectively. The drive ended with a 38-yard field goal off the toe of Garrett Lindholm to take a lead they would never relinquish.

Pflugerville went on to score on all but its final possession of the first half and took a 31-14 lead into the break.

At the half, the Panthers had 17 first downs and over 300 yards of total offense, including 233 yards on the ground. Quarterback Tyler Beatty had 77 of his 123 yards through the air.

"We like to think that we can move the ball on the ground and through the air with Beatty's arm. We're going to need to as we get further into district and hopefully the playoffs," Cobb said.

Westwood attempted a second-half comeback, starting with an onsides kick to start the third quarter. It drove right down the field and cut the lead to 31-21, but was unable to get much else done offensively the rest of the game.

On the night, Cobb ran for 187 yards and four touchdowns.

Westwood quarterback Chase Rich threw for 350 yards on 21 completions, but was also picked off four times. Reggie Madu had two of those interceptions

Link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello, so today bill snyder is set to retire, so what impact does that place on the cobb brothers & russell & bullocks - who all have ksu schollies but now no synder - will they pursue other places, or will cobb pull the trigger on UN before wilson becomes a complete 100% commit, or will bullocks & russell consider a greyshirt if offered by UN instead of a ksu schollie (the likelihood of a gs for one or both of them seems more likely day by day as turner, hancock, & reese began to lean toward other schools)

p.s. snyder's announcement will not impact ksu's verbals too much since they only have 2 verbals, thus far - but it may impact poor evridge who wanted nothing more than to play for the legend & utter genius of coach synder - well evridge, I hope that you have 3 nice yrs of snyder-less football, & please, prepare for the worst.

good-bye, hootin'

Cobb played his recruitment perfectly. He waited and finally got his dream offer to play for Texas. Now, he's all but a Longhorn.

Hopefully if the staff wants/gets a RB from this class they will either get Evan Royster or Kenny Wilson. Personally, I prefer Royster. Unbelievable speed and cutback ability and has a frame to put on more weight. He's put up numbers that aren't usually produced in any classification in Virginia.

Actually Kenny wilson is prob. faster than Royster. Kenny 40 time is 4.4 and Royster is 4.45. Also Kenny in a track meet ran a 10.2 100 meter and a 20.2 200 meter. So Kenny is no sloch he would prob. be one of the fastest guys on nebr. team if he keeps his verbal.

Agreed, but 2 problems: 1) JCs are more of a crapshoot than HSs 2) we already have 3 Sophs/JR RBs, NU should probably look for one for the future. (Or are those 3 not as good as advertised <_< )

Its all about filling needs, and I dont think that we need another JR RB. Of course, I dont think that we need 6 QBs on scholly when we are desperately thin at DB either :wacko:

I can see getting jucos if they are the only great players left to recruit, not as much as having them play right away. From my observation, many of them could use a redshirt year to develop for Division 1 competition, if they have three years to play two.

Zack Bowman may be a great player next year, but if would have been nice if he could had redshirted this year and have maybe two great years out of him. I realize we didn't have the luxury to do that this year.

Actually Kenny wilson is prob. faster than Royster.  Kenny 40 time is 4.4 and Royster is 4.45.  Also Kenny in a track meet ran a 10.2 100 meter and a 20.2 200 meter.  So Kenny is no sloch he would prob. be one of the fastest guys on nebr. team if he keeps his verbal.

Agreed, but 2 problems: 1) JCs are more of a crapshoot than HSs 2) we already have 3 Sophs/JR RBs, NU should probably look for one for the future. (Or are those 3 not as good as advertised <_< )

Its all about filling needs, and I dont think that we need another JR RB. Of course, I dont think that we need 6 QBs on scholly when we are desperately thin at DB either :wacko:

I agree with you here bro RB is not our biggest need. I think they are just trying to get the best ath. on the field.