Dailey 1 and done?

Jeez, what a downer that article is. I do agree, though, that he is somewhat a victim of circumstance. I wonder if he doesn't make the 2 deep roster (Which I think he will make it), would he try a different position or just sit? Transfer?

We certainly have a mess of QB's this year.

Seems pretty obvious that Taylor is penciled in as the starter, with Beck probably the backup if he doesnt redshirt. Joe should transfer to a school who's coaches know how to use his ability and talent to succeed, and with bill the idiot leading recruiting, NU could use a scholly or two to be freed up.

If there are any of the players that I feel for it is Dailey. He give one hell of an effort last year but things just didn't go his way. He still could come in next year and be the man. He never let the crap get to him and always took his share of the blame. You see a lot of former quarterbacks in the NCAA that switch to wr. Maybe if things don't work out next year he would do that. Who knows. Bring on Spring Ball.

We certainly have a mess of QB's this year.

Thats for sure. I thought I heard the other day we have something like 8 cubes currently on schollie.. is that right? :blink:

yeah I can think of dailey,beck,stuntz, ganz, davis, taylor, adams, and goodman i believe is football scholie now right?

I don't see joe even having a chance even if he is better.

Daily should stay and fight for his starting spot, but if he loses it to one of the other countless qbs we have, then he should sit down and consider his options. We definitely need to free up some schollies being wasted at qb. We dont need 8 qbs on a team, especially ones that will never have a good shot at starting.

Daily should stay and fight for his starting spot, but if he loses it to one of the other countless qbs we have, then he should sit down and consider his options. We definitely need to free up some schollies being wasted at qb. We dont need 8 qbs on a team, especially ones that will never have a good shot at starting.

I think dailey will be just as good as the others but I don't see him getting much of a chance. This offense doesn't show how good joe can be.

Yea the system isnt for him, but he should at least show his football talent and adaptive qb skills to fight for the starting spot.

Oh no doubt he will try his best and give his all, but it's pretty evident that every fan don't want him as starting qb and the coaches are going to favor their recruits would be my guess.

Oh no doubt he will try his best and give his all, but it's pretty evident that every fan don't want him as starting qb and the coaches are going to favor their recruits would be my guess.

I absolutely agree. These coaches are immature and stupid, and if their quadriplegic daughters wanted to play QB or RB or WR they would definitely be 1st team because of the favoritism that runs rampant here at NU. These coaches don't care about putting the best players out there, they want to be popular with the kids they've recruited. If people can't see this, they're blind!

i dont want him to be the starter if there is better qbs on our team. Dont get me wrong i like daily but hes falling through the cracks with the system change is all. I think the coaches will play whoevers playing the best, whether its a young recruit or not.

Sure didn't seem that way last year with panico. I could of ran better than him.

Just anything but WR. If Daily ends up not starting at QB, he needs to be in the backfield.

I mean, why on earth would anyone want to put a running QB in as a WR anyway? Arnaz Battle was the glaring exception (and the only converted QB/WR that's met with any success that I can recall).

There's no direct conversion - he might know what the routes are supposed to be, but that doesn't mean he can run them and ball handling and catching are arguably different skills.

However, he's used to contact, has good speed and size and always has the threat of the halfback pass at his disposal. Not to mention he's got a lot of heart and a lot of class, and those are qualities you can never have too much of on the team.

IRISH!