UCS RANKINGS ARE OUT!!!

He is the best in the biz, he is the only one to correctly call Penn State and Alabama to be good in 2005.

And West Virginia, TCU, Oregon?

And Kansas, Missouri, Boston College, Louisville last year?

Is he aware Nebraska does not currently run the spread? Might be something to know if working on ranking teams and predicting games or does the computer do that? Where's Western Michigan? Or is he only doing BCS teams? He is aware that Iowa, his #11, lost to Western Michigan last year. Might be relevant.

In 2005, Phil Steele, Lindy, Game Plan, and ATS had Penn Sate ranked and many outlets had Alabama ranked with Game Plan having them 9th.

On the other hand, 3-4 teams a year start the season unranked and make it into the top 15 and vice versa: Missouri, Kansas, Boston College, BYU last year, Boise State, Wisconsin, Rutgers, Arkansas the year before made it into the top 15 after largely going unheralded. On the other end of the spectrum, Louisville, Cal, UCLA last year and Iowa, Miami, Florida State the year before failed to meet expectations and finished outside the top 25.

So the question is which teams have a chance to do that. Based on their schedule, this guy feels like Iowa has a chance to come out of nowhere to make it to #11. He puts North Carolina into the top 5 for similar reasons. And thus far he's the only one to give either team much love. Who else? Cal makes a few top 25 lists but most put them in 25-30 range; he has them Top 10. South Carolina gets some top 15 ratings, but most put them outside the top 25; he has them in the top 5.

As mentioned before, he has West Virginia tanking due to the coaching change and losses on defense. Clemson is getting lots of national love but he has them outside the top 25 due to the demanding schedule and Bowden ball. While most don't expect LSU to compete for the national title, a top 10 or 15 finish is expected; he has them outside the top 25 just below Northwestern. While not outside the top 10, his #21 ranking of Georgia just below Pitt due to schedule strength is somewhat questionable. That team could lose 4 games and still be in the top 15. (Tennessee, Florida, and Auburn did last year.)

So who do you think will come from nowhere to be a top 15 team and vice versa?

I'll give him one thing, he at least made something interesting. Most of the other pundits all say the same thing. I must Admit to Pick South Carolina to run the SEC undefeated sounds a bit of a stretch (i wathced last year too) and UNC is getting better but that is a LOT better, but I( credit him for throwing somethign out there. I think VA tech falls off more too, with their huge defensive losses and their RB getting booted, they will be good, but I think they would be happy just to finish in the top 25 this year, no disrespect meant or inteded to what Frank Beamer has done or can do.

I will give him some credit for thinking outside the proverbial box, I just think that some of those picks are a little too far fetched. The S. Carolina being the longest shot. The SEC is year in and year out, one of the toughest conferences in college football. There are a few teams (Florida, LSU, Tennesee, etc) that might make that run a wee bit on the tough side....