SI's Mandel's Conference Donation Challenge

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...lbag/index.html

In lieu of SI's article about conference superiority, Mandel put out this donation challenge where you can dontate to causes in your favorite conference's region. (I beleive there were 2 NE ones that werent fully funded.) Only 1 person besides me at donated anything as reps of the Big12 conference fans, so I thought I'd post the story link if anyone's interested.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...lbag/index.html

In lieu of SI's article about conference superiority, Mandel put out this donation challenge where you can dontate to causes in your favorite conference's region. (I beleive there were 2 NE ones that werent fully funded.) Only 1 person besides me at donated anything as reps of the Big12 conference fans, so I thought I'd post the story link if anyone's interested.

No way you suckers are catching the Big 10. This involves actually doing something other than clicking Vote two million times, but if you'd like to try: here is a direct link to the Big 12 page

way to piss on him pete

Was trying reverse psychology. Obviously it hasn't worked as there are only 4 Big 12 donations and the MAC has 5 times the money. <_<

On the other hand, Nebraska is clearly pulling more than its weight here as the project in Omaha is the only one in the Big 12 that is fully funded as of right now. Still a couple of other projects in Nebraska need money though.

how does this prove anything? should giving to charitable organizations be a competition, especially one that means absolutely nothing?

i don't want to be a total pr*ck but come on, it's charity. why are you involving a college football storyline, and a stupid one at that, that has nothing to do with giving money and time to charitable organizations?

I like that Mandel spent a good portion of a nationaly ciculated article to promote, not one, but several important projects. And now more than ever (in my opinion) people could use the help, if you have the means, then F'n do something with it!

A move like this gives Stew a little creed in my book. After his 4,000th mention of his book it had hit an all time low.

I like that Mandel spent a good portion of a nationaly ciculated article to promote, not one, but several important projects. And now more than ever (in my opinion) people could use the help, if you have the means, then F'n do something with it!

A move like this gives Stew a little creed in my book. After his 4,000th mention of his book it had hit an all time low.

:)

Jay Sherman (the Critic): Buy my book! Buy my book! Buy my book! ....