OLB Jonas Mouton

• 2 weeks later...
Highly regarded, five-star safety Jonas Mouton of Los Angeles also was in Ann Arbor for the Notre Dame debacle. "I liked my trip a lot," said Mouton, from Venice High School. "The whole thing was just fun. Nothing really stood out. My host was Chris Richards (cornerback) and I went alone. After the game, we went back to the hotel and hung-out and played some video games. On Sunday, we focused on looking at the facilities and on academics. I did not come close to orally committing (to the Michigan coaches). We didn't even really talk about it. I might not commit anywhere until close to Letter-of-Intent Day (February 1). It'll just be a step-by-step process for me. But I'm tired right now. I just got back and these trips take a toll. So does all the calling," Scout.com's No. 4 safety also visited Nebraska on September 2, and says the Cornhuskers are among his favorites with Michigan and USC.

Fox Sports

Sounds like Michigan didn't impress Mouton. I think we have a good shot if we can keep USC out.

Eric, I really enjoy reading your posts on recruits, it seems like you have valid information. Early on in the process you give the percentage that you believe a recruit will join the huskers, i was wondering if it would be possible if you could update their chances of commiting after visits or after some time has passed. thanks

Highly regarded, five-star safety Jonas Mouton of Los Angeles also was in Ann Arbor for the Notre Dame debacle. "I liked my trip a lot," said Mouton, from Venice High School. "The whole thing was just fun. Nothing really stood out. My host was Chris Richards (cornerback) and I went alone. After the game, we went back to the hotel and hung-out and played some video games. On Sunday, we focused on looking at the facilities and on academics. I did not come close to orally committing (to the Michigan coaches). We didn't even really talk about it. I might not commit anywhere until close to Letter-of-Intent Day (February 1). It'll just be a step-by-step process for me. But I'm tired right now. I just got back and these trips take a toll. So does all the calling," Scout.com's No. 4 safety also visited Nebraska on September 2, and says the Cornhuskers are among his favorites with Michigan and USC.

Fox Sports

Sounds like Michigan didn't impress Mouton. I think we have a good shot if we can keep USC out.

He's going to compare everyhting to Nebraska. So key to get these re

Another comment I like to make deals with taking trips. So many of these kids think they are going to take all five and to many it's simply not realistic. That's a lot of travel, a lot of time away from home, a lot of time away from their schools work. There young and simply don't understand how much wear it has on them. If he would have gone on the Nebraska trip second or third and went through exactly the same routine as he did last week, but it may have been different just because he's fatigued.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Well this day just gets better and better.

Scout says Mouton has eliminated NU.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=8&c=1&n...8037&refid=4741

Yippee.

:steam  :steam  :steam

I am not suprised. I have said it for the last 2 weeks. He's a silent USC commit according to USC fans and was instructed not to reveal his verbal by the U.S Army All American game media guys

• 3 weeks later...

hello, w/ wallace going to pa st, & antwine perez & taylor mays going to usc, mouton who at one time mentioned that he was looking at some top schools who could present early playing time for him has to be reconcidering NU, right?

plus, blake was in sa to watch him, & he knows that NU is in dire need of safety help (& much more than mi, or lsu - which has verbals from 3 other s this yr)

p.s. if he choses usc, which is loaded at every position - especially at s, (imo) he will be following the path of rocky hinds in a yr & 1/2

what say you?

hello, w/ wallace going to pa st, & antwine perez & taylor mays going to usc, mouton who at one time mentioned that he was looking at some top schools who could present early playing time for him has to be reconcidering NU, right?

plus, blake was in sa to watch him, & he knows that NU is in dire need of safety help (& much more than mi, or lsu - which has verbals from 3 other s this yr)

p.s. if he choses usc, which is loaded at every position - especially at s, (imo) he will be following the path of rocky hinds in a yr & 1/2

what say you?

Excellent point, I forgot he never "declared"