Home Field Advantage

I'm a die hard Husker fan, but NU will never be on that list. We cheer like we are watching a play. Clap...........quiet..............clap.............quiet...........clap..........quiet

There are too many old people and not enough students. The people on this list make noise from start to finish, and the stand up! It's the only thing about NU football I have always hated. 8000 people at Wake Forest make more noise then we do. It's kind of sad.

I'm a die hard Husker fan, but NU will never be on that list. We cheer like we are watching a play. Clap...........quiet..............clap.............quiet...........clap..........quiet

There are too many old people and not enough students. The people on this list make noise from start to finish, and the stand up! It's the only thing about NU football I have always hated. 8000 people at Wake Forest make more noise then we do. It's kind of sad.

:yeah I love standing and yelling until I have no voice left by the older people just get upset and never cheer.

It's pretty strange that the Husker bars seem to resemble what you guys are describing about (the fans) at times. I remember watching the Pitt game a few years ago, and it was like 150 people in the bar holding their breath for 4 quarters.

Last year, the number of people who went to the bars (I'm talking DFW) declined. They just couldnt take it I suppose. Damn if I'm not gonna watch or stick it out through the whole game. I might drink more depending on the outcome though :wasted

:yeah I love standing and yelling until I have no voice left by the older people just get upset and never cheer.

Where do you sit at?? I want to hang out over there.

So, I'm perusing this article on Fox Sports and, in the spirit of competition and for the sheer curiosity of the matter, searched and found this article that has another side of the coin.

Not really much to discuss (other than the atrocities that are on and off each list) just trying to get everyone a little pumped up for the season. It's almost here!!

I would have to say that the second article is a more accurate representation of the toughest places to play. Winning is all that matters. You can be as loud as you want, but if you don't win it doesn't mean anything. And besides being loud (Memorial Stadium does get loud), we have other things that play to our advantage: Tunnel Walk, swirling winds, severe weather changes, etc. I think all of these things add to why it's tough to win in Lincoln, but as a guy just sitting at the computer: what the heck do I know?

How long have you all been Husker fans? In the 80's and 90's NU would generally make lists like these because it was an intimidating place to play with the "Red Sea" and then later the tunnell walk addition. Remember the 40 straight home victories? If the team starts protecting home turf again, Memorial Stadium will once again be considered a tough place to play and the fans will be considered a part of it.

How long have you all been Husker fans? In the 80's and 90's NU would generally make lists like these because it was an intimidating place to play with the "Red Sea" and then later the tunnell walk addition. Remember the 40 straight home victories? If the team starts protecting home turf again, Memorial Stadium will once again be considered a tough place to play and the fans will be considered a part of it.

I agree. Memorial Stadium does get loud, it's just that (probably) most of the posters on here are too young to remember a team that actually dominated. There are those of us that do.

Also, did anyone go to the USC game last year? That was ridiculously loud and there's a reason USC ran out of their tunnel at the same time Nebraska ran out of ours.