Texas A&M Goes Down

What is wrong with Sherman? Lots of coaches suck it up for game 1, I don't think it means much, other than it sucks for A&M...

Hes another fired NFL coach. Pete Carrol is the only one of those who has ever been successful in the college game. And this was Arkansas STATE. Not the SEC team, the Sunbelt team who went 5-7 last year.

What is wrong with Sherman? Lots of coaches suck it up for game 1, I don't think it means much, other than it sucks for A&M...

Hes another fired NFL coach. Pete Carrol is the only one of those who has ever been successful in the college game. And this was Arkansas STATE. Not the SEC team, the Sunbelt team who went 5-7 last year.

What about Saban, he did not do anything in the NFL and got a job, netiher did Spurrier, I would have gladly taken him back to college had we needed a coach... Not a good start, I will grant you, but 1 game is not much to go on in a rebuilding situation...

What about Saban, he did not do anything in the NFL and got a job, netiher did Spurrier, I would have gladly taken him back to college had we needed a coach... Not a good start, I will grant you, but 1 game is not much to go on in a rebuilding situation...

Saban and Spurrier were college coaches first who went to then NFL, failed and returned. Sherman, while an assistant at A&M at one point, has never been a college head coach before, and it makes a difference. Maybe Sherman will work out, but I wont hold my breath. He gets fired after 4-5 years of worse than what Fran was for them.

Saban and Spurrier were college coaches first who went to then NFL, failed and returned. Sherman, while an assistant at A&M at one point, has never been a college head coach before, and it makes a difference. Maybe Sherman will work out, but I wont hold my breath. He gets fired after 4-5 years of worse than what Fran was for them.

Can't agrue that if he gets fired. They cannot afford a second Fran era, they have so much going for them, but the rest of the Big 12 will be stealing Texas Players wholesale...

Honeymoon is over in Aggieland. But its hard not to have a little 'told ya so' to them for hiring Sherman.

I didn't agree with the SHerman hire anyway. They'll just continually win their 6-8 games a year. This guy is not a differnece maker at coach

I dont think they sniff 6 wins this year. Army, ISU and Baylor are their best shots at wins. And without massive offensive improvement, Army is the only Gimmie. If they get more than 2 wins in conference I will be shocked. The rest on the non-conference is at New Mexico(who finished 9-4 last year) Army, and Miami. A 2-2 non-conference would be great for them at this point, 1-3 wont surprise me.

AR, I remember you mentioning Arkansas State in the past (kind of near you?), so I figured you were keeping an eye on that one. We get 'em next year. But in Linocln (ouch).

Yeah - they are located in the extreme northeastern part of the state, and I'm situated in the center. Wouldn't mind a home-and-home series - for obvious reasons. :)