For Those Who Think There Is A Problem W/The Huskers

T_O_Bull

How did we steal this victory????

The "D" shut SJSU down drive after drive. They capitalized on one field goal on a short field.

The "O" stunk it up but was able to capitalize on a couple of drives late in the game.

If you think the sky is falling, you should have been around for the loss in 84 when we got beat at home against some team called Florida State.

No kidding. I was 12 at the time. I remember all of my family members saying the earth quit spinning because we lost to then-nobodies Florida State. Funny how things turn out.

It seems that now they are about as relevant as they were in 1984. For a team that ends up each and every year ranked in the top 20 for recruiting, they sure spend a lot more time ranked outside of the top 25 in the polls. What in the world is going on down there?

:bonez:horns2:horns2:bonez

I've been a Husker Fan for longer than most of you have been alive... Here is when we have a problem.

1. When you think Screech is the cute lookin' one on "Saved By The Bell."

2. When you think its bad that Harrison Beck transfered.

3. When you can't find a motel room in Lincole on a game SatNite.

These are real problems...

1. When TO retires and you end up with Bill Calahan.

2. When Boyd Eply doesn't run the weight room.

3. When T_O_B says its time to worry.

We won today and it wasn't prety... WE WON...

T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

I have no idea how old you are or how old most of the posters here are.

-when you play #85 wmu at home netting NU 130 yrds rushing.

-when you play #93 sjs at home netting NU 99 yrds rushing.

-when you can't put a visiting creampuff away by halftime.

-when you are satisfied with an ugly win over teams from the bottom 20% of college football AT HOME.

but opinions vary.

I do agree -- 2-0 beats the hell out of 0-2!!

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

rankings are numbers... especially that low and that high. how do we know? we don't... all those rankings you put next to every team is just stupid... because we know, they aren't as good as we are. thats all we need to know..... better than we are, close enough to say its even, or worse than we are..... now, any FBS team anymore is not really a "creampuff" in the ways they used to be.... they have talent, i mean hell, look at SJSU's QB for God's sake..... their defensive line was pretty decent too... now is that alone an excuse for how we ran the ball? no. yes it sucked. but all these fake rankings you are throwing on these teams is pretty bs.... (and yes i know they come from somewhere.. but if they aren't top 25, they aren't sh#t.)

:bonez:horns2:horns2:bonez

I've been a Husker Fan for longer than most of you have been alive... Here is when we have a problem.

1. When you think Screech is the cute lookin' one on "Saved By The Bell."

2. When you think its bad that Harrison Beck transfered.

3. When you can't find a motel room in Lincole on a game SatNite.

1. When TO retires and you end up with Bill Calahan.

2. When Boyd Eply doesn't run the weight room.

3. When T_O_B says its time to worry.

We won today and it wasn't prety... WE WON...

T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

I have no idea how old you are or how old most of the posters here are.

-when you play #85 wmu at home netting NU 130 yrds rushing.

-when you play #93 sjs at home netting NU 99 yrds rushing.

-when you can't put a visiting creampuff away by halftime.

-when you are satisfied with an ugly win over teams from the bottom 20% of college football AT HOME.

but opinions vary.

I do agree -- 2-0 beats the hell out of 0-2!!

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

I don't know how old T-O-B is, but I started going to games in Lincoln in 1961. I've seen a LOT of Nebraska football.

People are having a fit over Nebraska's poor running game. I'm not real happy about it, either, but we have to be reasonable. The players on the team right now do not have a history of power football, they were not recruited to play power football, they are not physically or mentally equipped to play power football, they do not know the techniques of power football, and would probably rather not play power football. These are players with coaching and training, both in high school and at Nebraska to this point, to play the prissy passing game.

Until Nebraska recruits players with, or is able to instill through constant coaching, a "run the ball with power and knock people down" attitude, the running game is going to suffer.

Personally, I am pleased with the fight and intensity of the players. What a pleasant change from the last 4 years! Play this way and they will learn how to win again.

rankings are numbers... especially that low and that high. how do we know? we don't... all those rankings you put next to every team is just stupid... because we know, they aren't as good as we are. thats all we need to know..... better than we are, close enough to say its even, or worse than we are..... now, any FBS team anymore is not really a "creampuff" in the ways they used to be.... they have talent, i mean hell, look at SJSU's QB for God's sake..... their defensive line was pretty decent too... now is that alone an excuse for how we ran the ball? no. yes it sucked. but all these fake rankings you are throwing on these teams is pretty bs.... (and yes i know they come from somewhere.. but if they aren't top 25, they aren't sh#t.)

nothing fake about ratings from 40+ rating services.

until the teams play, the rankings are all there is.

Funny how rankings are important if you are in the top 25 and bs when you aren't. ;)

BTW-- I didn't throw rankings out on ANY teams, 40 separate ratings services say the first three opponents are creampuffs, very poor competition.

You don't have to agree.

I'm just the messenger. why don't you contact them and tell them where they went wrong in their ratings?

I'm sure they'd value your input. hell, maybe you could start your own rating service!

opinions vary, even among the rating services.

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

nothing fake about ratings from 40+ rating services.

until the teams play, the rankings are all there is.

Funny how rankings are important if you are in the top 25 and bs when you aren't. ;)

BTW-- I didn't throw rankings out on ANY teams, 40 separate ratings services say the first three opponents are creampuffs, very poor competition.

You don't have to agree.

I'm just the messenger. why don't you contact them and tell them where they went wrong in their ratings?

I'm sure they'd value your input. hell, maybe you could start your own rating service!

opinions vary, even among the rating services.

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

You are the type of fan that drives me away from watching my Huskers in a public place. Always down on one thing or another. You realize the parity that is in college football these days? NO TEAM is a creampuff anymore. Any team on any given Saturday can beat any other. Look at Eastern Carolina(What were they ranked at the beginning of the year?) Look at Ohio almost pulling off the upset at OSU. Lots of teams had troubles these last couple weeks. IT f'ing HAPPENS.

We are 2-0, we got past 2 "creampuff" teams and thats something plenty of "Ranked" teams did not do. Its early and its a young team that was originally built with a "Finesse" offense. My god, f'ing chill out.

I don't think there is a problem with this team. I do believe; however, this game has put the potential of this team a little bit back into perspective (especially for some people). That potential is that we should be at least 7-5, which, is a huge improvement over last year. We could be 8-4, and maybe, just maybe 9-3. But lets face it, the 9-3 will be an incredible overachievement for this team.

We all start out the year hoping for the absolute best. Then, the games indicate where we are. Improved from last year, but no where near where we want to be. Each year, each game, we just need to get better and getter.

I'd rather see us do bad in first half then dominate in second half, unlike last year where it was complete opposite. Means we're in better shape and we're being coached a hell of a lot better.

We're in much better shape than last year. Anyone at all notice that there were many adjustments made at the half? Last year we would have "lost" this game in the second half because we wouldn't adjust. Thsi year we win it because of the staff's ability to adjust. I am much happier at this point of the season than I was last year. We'll be much better by the end of the year than we are right now. This is a time to be excited, not to be focusing on every single thing that goes wrong.

I'd rather see us do bad in first half then dominate in second half, unlike last year where it was complete opposite. Means we're in better shape and we're being coached a hell of a lot better.

We're in much better shape than last year. Anyone at all notice that there were many adjustments made at the half? Last year we would have "lost" this game in the second half because we wouldn't adjust. Thsi year we win it because of the staff's ability to adjust. I am much happier at this point of the season than I was last year. We'll be much better by the end of the year than we are right now. This is a time to be excited, not to be focusing on every single thing that goes wrong.

You know, Pelini actually said that they did not make adjustments.

Well, unfortunatly I wasn't able to watch either game so far do to the fact that I'm in Iraq. I have been following closely though, so here's an opinion from afar.

Neg

1. I'm not surprised to see our O-line struggle, they were going to be a strength last season too.

2. The defense is extremely young, and the upper classmen still have bad habbits to break.

Pos

1. Defensive adjustments, they were made!

2. A spark on spiecial teams! Can't remamber the last time that got us going.

All in all, about what I expected. I was hoping for a little more improvement between week 1 & 2 but the offense had an off day and hung in there to pull it out! It's easy to start feeling sorry for yourself when it's not going your way. Our kids didn't let that happen, that shows heart, their gonna need it later this season for sure. Give em a chance guys they're gonna come around, I can feel it!

GBR

be careful "over there"!

No doubt brother, keep yer head down. We'll save you a seat next to the keg for when ya get back.

As to stealing one, no way. I have been as critical as anyone about some of our struggles the first two games, but I was very encouraged with the way they gutted it out and kept fighting all game long. The fourth quarter was played with fire and heart, something sorely missed the last couple of years. Ugly as it was at times, they simply outplayed SJS and beat them soundly.

You know, Pelini actually said that they did not make adjustments.

but didnt we run a different D?