Husker Football/Bo Pelini show

ssfranny

Good lord I was watching this tonight and its hard to watch. Bo looks like he can't stand to be there and keeps looking off stage like for someone to tell him hes done. I know he doesn't really like to talk to the media and do the PR stuff but all the fans like to hear his perspective.

Worst of all, this Greg Sharpe? Good lord someone pin him down and give him several Starbucks or something, he makes an insurance salesman sound exciting. They REALLY need to get someone in there who actually has a personality. Prob reason Bo doesn't want his name on the show. Man it sucks!!

Scott

Jim Rose had a personality...dunno, never really got what was wrong with him. Sharpe does a decent job though. Just doesn't get as animated as Rose. Man, that guy made listening to the games fun.

i hated jim rose...talk about drinking the kool-aid. but not just husker kool-aid, but the steve pederson and bill callahan kool-aid.

Jim Rose had a personality...dunno, never really got what was wrong with him. Sharpe does a decent job though. Just doesn't get as animated as Rose. Man, that guy made listening to the games fun.

i hated jim rose...talk about drinking the kool-aid. but not just husker kool-aid, but the steve pederson and bill callahan kool-aid.

No kidding. I couldn't stand listening to that kiss a$$. Jim Rose was like one of those people who always wanted to act like he was smarter than everyone else and ended up looking like an idiot. I don't mind Sharpe but would love it if Pavelka would come back.

I know what you guys are talking about. My soon to be Father in law recorded the The Nebraska Show after the Western Michigan game and Bo kept looking off stage like he was trying to get some help or something. I think Bo does a really good job in answering all of the questions and actually giving us a good answer instead of all of these nonsense words that are right out of some Harvard dictionary. I want an answer in plan ENGLISH not some nonsense gibberish.

Good lord I was watching this tonight and its hard to watch. Bo looks like he can't stand to be there and keeps looking off stage like for someone to tell him hes done. I know he doesn't really like to talk to the media and do the PR stuff but all the fans like to hear his perspective.

Worst of all, this Greg Sharpe? Good lord someone pin him down and give him several Starbucks or something, he makes an insurance salesman sound exciting. They REALLY need to get someone in there who actually has a personality. Prob reason Bo doesn't want his name on the show. Man it sucks!!

Scott

Personally, I don't care if he ever gives a good interview on television...as long as he does what he was brought in to do, fix this team and bring it back to the standard that we are accustomed to.

Yeah the show isn't very exciting.. but it is good to get Bo's perspective on the game.

Anyone catch while they were watching the 2nd half Sharpe said something to the effect of "they came with a scheme to keep you off balance" and Bo quickly said "no.. no we just didn't execute".

I think that's the truth (who can question him with the 5-year record he has). This defense looks like it could be S-C-A-R-Y if they could just quit with the mistakes.. hopefully that happens.. Carl Pelini said earlier this week that he thinks that the defense will be pretty good by mid-season.

I, for one, am not worried at this point. When this team starts making mistakes they rebound with much more intensity... rather than just giving up like we did many times last year.

So... back to the topic. Does it matter if the show is boring or not? It's only intended to give Pelini's take on what happened throughout the game... and let's face it: pelini is not a big PR guy.. I'm sure he'd much rather be in the film room :P

Whos the guy we had after Pavelka like 97-01 i really liked him.

Warren Swain

Back in the days when T.O. had his show it was no different.

When T.O. was coaching, his responses were basically this week after week, "I hope we play well. If we play up to our potential, we have an excellent chance of winning."

Then he'd give a very topical breakdown of the opponent. If he were coaching today, it would be something like, "Well, they throw it around a lot. Our linebackers and secondary will be tested." etc. etc.