Kansas' Loss

MOD_CHAMPION

Well I watched the first half of the game, and now just checked the final score and saw that Kansas couldn't keep their lead. They seemed to move the ball at will in the first half, and Reesing threw for almost 400 yards and they still lost. Anyways I'm just wondering if you guys think this could have any effect on the rest of their season and if this makes the KU game look a little more winnable.

It was a good game and I know I should probably root for the big 12 but I have to admit it that seeing the Jayhawks get knocked down I peg was pretty satisfying. Everyone knocked their easy schedule last year and their fans have been claiming that they were the real deal but being the best means beating the best even at their place. The pick Reesing threw late was totally greedy, there was plenty of time left- didn't need such a big chunk. The Hawks will still have a decent season but I don't think this is their year to win at Memorial Stadium. GO BIG RED! :box

Just a great, entertaining game. I was pulling for Kansas - we need them to keep their national standing for the sake of the Big XII in general and the North in particular. But still a fun game to watch.

I'll tell you what, despite that pick at the end, I'm probably more impressed with Reesing than ever before. That kid is something special. He made some throws off his back foot and on the run that were just flat incredible - accurate, strong, on-the-money throws. And his ability to avoid the rush - in the 3rd period, particularly, it seemed that USF was in the backfield on every play - was outstanding.

Kansas is legit.

Well, I hate to say I told you so to all the Kansas fans, but I'm going to do it anyway. I said several months ago mark your calendar for South Florida as the beginning of the end of the great Jayhawk dynasty. Did they play a good game? Yup. Did they play solid football? Yup. But the national championship dreams are over, the BCS berth is fluttering away, and the rest of the schedule looks oh so tasty.

But hell, don't let anyone ever tell you you can't execute a shovel pass.

Just a great, entertaining game. I was pulling for Kansas - we need them to keep their national standing for the sake of the Big XII in general and the North in particular. But still a fun game to watch.

I'll tell you what, despite that pick at the end, I'm probably more impressed with Reesing than ever before. That kid is something special. He made some throws off his back foot and on the run that were just flat incredible - accurate, strong, on-the-money throws. And his ability to avoid the rush - in the 3rd period, particularly, it seemed that USF was in the backfield on every play - was outstanding.

Kansas is legit.

their offense at least. i'm not sold on their d at all. of course im not old on our O or D

Well, I hate to say I told you so to all the Kansas fans, but I'm going to do it anyway. I said several months ago mark your calendar for South Florida as the beginning of the end of the great Jayhawk dynasty. Did they play a good game? Yup. Did they play solid football? Yup. But the national championship dreams are over, the BCS berth is fluttering away, and the rest of the schedule looks oh so tasty.

But hell, don't let anyone ever tell you you can't execute a shovel pass.

I agree completely. I rooted for USF the whole game. I have grown tired as all the Kansas fans I know that have continuously talked sh#t.

Kansas is legit.

I guess we'll have to see whether or not KU will bounce back after this game, or mail it in the rest of the season like KSU used to, when they lost. I agree, good entertaining game.

I'm right here Saunders, even though I have no respect at all for you, I'm still here and I'll say we got out played. The 3rd quarter lost the game for us. Reesing got really greedy in the final minute and threw the worst pick of his career. But I can say I'm not mad. I'm actually proud of the way KU hung in there. When it was 34-20, mos teams would of quit. But we showed alot of heart coming back.

The real weakness of my team is the offensive line. I think that was apparent all throughout the night. I know I'll never forget how we were up by 20-3. Unreal!! I guess that's why we love college football!! You never know what will happen. I still think we would of beat USF on a neutral field, however, the crowd DID play a factor and I am now worried about our road games.....more than I was yesterday!!!

It's damn hard to win on the road, especially in that environment. I'm proud of the team and the way we played. We never quit. But just fell short.

In the end, I was wrong boys. But at least I still won my bet with VEGAS!! LOL. They gave me 3.5!! LOL

But I was wrong. I said we would win, and we didn't. I'll eat some crow for this so pass it on. OK, I;m really drunk, so I;m going to bed now. I love Husker natuon and always will.

Peace. JGS30 :koolaid2:

I'm right here Saunders, even though I have no respect at all for you, I'm still here and I'll say we got out played. The 3rd quarter lost the game for us. Reesing got really greedy in the final minute and threw the worst pick of his career. But I can say I'm not mad. I'm actually proud of the way KU hung in there. When it was 34-20, mos teams would of quit. But we showed alot of heart coming back.

The real weakness of my team is the offensive line. I think that was apparent all throughout the night. I know I'll never forget how we were up by 20-3. Unreal!! I guess that's why we love college football!! You never know what will happen. I still think we would of beat USF on a neutral field, however, the crowd DID play a factor and I am now worried about our road games.....more than I was yesterday!!!

It's damn hard to win on the road, especially in that environment. I'm proud of the team and the way we played. We never quit. But just fell short.

In the end, I was wrong boys. But at least I still won my bet with VEGAS!! LOL. They gave me 3.5!! LOL

But I was wrong. I said we would win, and we didn't. I'll eat some crow for this so pass it on. OK, I;m really drunk, so I;m going to bed now. I love Husker natuon and always will.

Peace. JGS30 :koolaid2:

Good post JGS. I missed the 1st half but watched the 2nd. You guys fought hard to tie it up and your team should be proud of that. Hell of a game.