University of Spoiled Children

First of all, I can't stand USC. I'm sorry, I just don't know what it is.

That being said, they are good. Really good.

I may be onto something as to why I can't stand them. :/

Anyway the point of this thread is to see what others think of USC. It's hard to hate Pete Carrol, I know, but I do. Am i just jealous or are these players just a bunch of....well... spoiled kids!?

No, I also detest USC. Pete Carrol is a good coach and a good man, but his team annually reads their press clippings and drops the ball to some nobody. I hate SC because recruiting is so easy for them. Everything comes easy to Souther Cal. The weather cooperates, it's in LA, it attracts big-headed players. I hate SC because they are the opposite of Nebraska. Our success was built on hard work and getting the best out of lesser players. We did it for years before we made our run. All Carrol has to do is throw a rock up in the air and ten five-star blue chippers will dive to catch it.

That said, I respect their success. They play hard, they play well, and they earned what they did to the overrated Big 10 whooping post tonight.

It's more than just weather and being in LA. UCLA is in a nicer area and doesn't get whoever they want. Certainly Pete Carrol uses the weather and being in LA to his advantage but it's got to be a lot more than that. He manages to get top players even if they see a stack of skilled players at their position to compete with. Maybe everyone's mother is getting a nice house like Reggie Bush's mom.

Carrol argued against the additional time coaches can't visit high schools and he was quoted as calling some other coaches lazy. Sounds like he works very hard and continuously to bring all of those players in. They aren't just falling from the sky. I don't know how he'd do in Norman or Lincoln. He may have found the perfect match at USC.

I was rooting for them last night because I think I may blow a blood vessel if Ohio State gets into the title game again. Other than that, this is how I feel about USC:

No, I also detest USC. Pete Carrol is a good coach and a good man, but his team annually reads their press clippings and drops the ball to some nobody. I hate SC because recruiting is so easy for them. Everything comes easy to Souther Cal. The weather cooperates, it's in LA, it attracts big-headed players. I hate SC because they are the opposite of Nebraska. Our success was built on hard work and getting the best out of lesser players. We did it for years before we made our run. All Carrol has to do is throw a rock up in the air and ten five-star blue chippers will dive to catch it.

That said, I respect their success. They play hard, they play well, and they earned what they did to the overrated Big 10 whooping post tonight.

I like Pete Carroll, but his teams have been making me nervous lately (threatening our '95 team as the best ever).

I usually like to see them lose at least a couple games each season.

My Ex-Wife graduated from tOSU, so...Was it wrong of me to enjoy seeing them get beat so bad?

Too bad my 7yr old Son will probably be sad, but I'm working on getting him to root for NU over OSU.

Not a fan. I cant even give them the respect they prolly should get from me. They dont go down to Norman, or Austin, or Columbia, and then see Texas Tech and Kansas on the schedule follow those games. The Pac 10 is a soft conference. USC gets great players, the coach is good, but they whiff out when it comes to how good they are when they keep playing Wash.State, Arizona, UCLA, etc..

• 2 weeks later...

I think I dis -liked last years trojan team more than this years. Booty was the most over rated QB in the country last year and that sh_t pisses me off more than anything. Booty sucks huge **** everyday! With that said, Sanchez is far better than Booty and is not overrated, so look for them to bounce back and be there next year.

First of all, I can't stand USC. I'm sorry, I just don't know what it is.

That being said, they are good. Really good.

I may be onto something as to why I can't stand them. :/

Anyway the point of this thread is to see what others think of USC. It's hard to hate Pete Carrol, I know, but I do. Am i just jealous or are these players just a bunch of....well... spoiled kids!?

Maybe you hate USC for the same reason I do:

SC personifies everything in the world that I hate. Most of California makes me want to throw up. And I'm not talking about puke dribbling out of my mouth from the depths of my stomach. No, I'm talking about projectile vomiting.

Oh...what now Will Ferrell? Why don't you go make another dumb ass movie?