So...did this team finally turn the corner?

I suppose it depends on your definition of "turned the corner".

In my eyes, yes the team has turned the corner, because the passion, effort, and fundamentals are back. They're not going to lose those, and the team should continue to improve throughout the season and following years.

If a person is basing "turned the corner" on big wins, national prominence, or showings against top teams, then no we haven't, because we haven't done any of those things.

:yeah

to me if we are improving week by week we have turned the corner. we are couple more steps away from turning the corner to being a national power. in my mind this year is just about getting back to a bowl and being respectable.

next year we can think about the north, and maybe the big 12 in year 3, though I think the north will be the goal again. still a lot of corners to turn

I think that two questions still need to be answered:

1. How will the Huskers play against a power opponent when things aren't going well? Will they continue to play with desire? Will they continue to give 100%? In other words, how will they handle adversity? They don't have to win the game - they do have to show the spirit.

2. How will the Huskers respond to a hostile environment? Can they handle the road? When on the road, can they win when they are supposed to?

I dont think the Huskers have done a 360 or 180. But I do believe they've turned the corner. They are playing better than last season. The effort and progress is a lot better. It's refreshing. It's delicious. :)

I do agree with AR though. The Huskers have been very poor on the road the past 5 years or so. That's something they need to improve on a ton.

One game at time fellas! Support & respect to the Huskers!!!

I suppose it depends on your definition of "turned the corner".

In my eyes, yes the team has turned the corner, because the passion, effort, and fundamentals are back. They're not going to lose those, and the team should continue to improve throughout the season and following years.

If a person is basing "turned the corner" on big wins, national prominence, or showings against top teams, then no we haven't, because we haven't done any of those things.

to me if we are improving week by week we have turned the corner. we are couple more steps away from turning the corner to being a national power. in my mind this year is just about getting back to a bowl and being respectable.

next year we can think about the north, and maybe the big 12 in year 3, though I think the north will be the goal again. still a lot of corners to turn

Let them play and keep learning. They have to learn to drive straight before they can turn a lot of corners.

The O-line seemed bolstered by the return of Murtha who, after missing the first two games because of an infection in his leg, looked mean and ready to play again.

During one nifty 58-yard run by Lucky in the third quarter, Murtha kicked the helmet that had fallen off a New Mexico State player he had just pancaked.

“I booted his helmet, acted like I tripped on it,” Murtha admitted with a smile. “You don’t want to go out there and do stupid things, and make stupid mistakes, but going out there and playing relentless… that’s definitely part of the play we like.”

I thought I saw that! Big meanie!

I think the corner of which you speak has been turned.

I'm not sold. I think there's progress being made. But, in Callahan's first year we blew out Western Illinois and everything looked rosey, we turned around and lost to Southern Mississippi. If this was Kansas State or Iowa State or Baylor even, I think it might be warranted... but medicore non-conference compettion does not a blackshirt make.

I hope to GOD that Pelini waits until after the VTech game to reward the players with blackshirts (assuming they deserve it).

I'm not sold. I think there's progress being made. But, in Callahan's first year we blew out Western Illinois and everything looked rosey, we turned around and lost to Southern Mississippi. If this was Kansas State or Iowa State or Baylor even, I think it might be warranted... but medicore non-conference compettion does not a blackshirt make.

I hope to GOD that Pelini waits until after the VTech game to reward the players with blackshirts (assuming they deserve it).

i think he will..........i think he wants to see the defense play and handle real adversity, that test will be when we play MU....i think he knows talent-wise we will be severely over-matched.....how the defense responds for 60 minutes of football will tell the story.....the story we all want to know........

This was, from front to back, the most solid game they've played this year. There were still some mistakes, but I do believe strides were made.

Things that can be taken into account heading into the Va Tech game. The adversity, albiet some of it self imposed, will help shape this team into something more cohesive than we've had in a while.

I wouldn't say that we have turned the corner.........we are more like in the turn lane with our blinker on. Close to making the turn but have not done so yet. This next week of practice will be huge. Allowing guys to heal and to fix any mistakes that we have noticed from the first 3 games. I think we will see a different team when it comes to VT. By different I mean by better with fewer mental and physical mistakes.

So...did this team finally turn the corner?

Yes...

if beating #109 at home 38-7 means turning the corner.

Might want to beat a quality opponent before claimimg to turn the corner. At least a ranked one.

At least they finally pounded a creampuff!!

Blackshirts for everyone!!

GO BO!!