1st time tailgating in Lincoln

billdozer15

Hey all, just looking for a little advice. My brother, cousin and I will be coming to the NU vs. Baylor game. I have been to a few but have never really tailgated, just went to the bars. But we have a friend of the family that got us tickets and a parking pass in the baseball field parking lot. My brother is 20, so going to the bars is out (unless his fake is good enough). Just curious what the atmosphere is like, I went to college at ISUcks and the tailgating was sweet there. But from what i have heard you cant just walk around crushing beers in the parking lot in Lincoln. Any do's and dont's of tailgating in Lincoln would be helpful.

P.S. What do the students do that are under 21?

you can't drink at haymarket unless you are physically inside the stadium though... beware of that... if you have alcohol you will probably get ticketed for open container.... make sure if you are drinking before games that you make sure the place has a permit.... i know under the 10th street bridge parking lot area does, and its fine there. But you'll have to know someone to get in... Anyway.. just be careful and make sure the people around you know what their doin also.. chances are if they do, you'll be fine!

hope you enjoy it!

oh, and students under 21..... well, they drink anyways.

you can't drink at haymarket unless you are physically inside the stadium though... beware of that... if you have alcohol you will probably get ticketed for open container.... make sure if you are drinking before games that you make sure the place has a permit.... i know under the 10th street bridge parking lot area does, and its fine there. But you'll have to know someone to get in... Anyway.. just be careful and make sure the people around you know what their doin also.. chances are if they do, you'll be fine!

hope you enjoy it!

oh, and students under 21..... well, they drink anyways.

So where do most of the students congregate? In ames there is actually a student lot, and it is rowdy. Both my cousin and brother are in college and i wouldnt mind reliving a bygone era. :wasted

you can't drink at haymarket unless you are physically inside the stadium though... beware of that... if you have alcohol you will probably get ticketed for open container

We have tailgated there for 2 years now and I have not seen one person get ticketed. Keep it in a plastic cup and don't draw a lot of attention to yourself and they don't bother you.

you can't drink at haymarket unless you are physically inside the stadium though... beware of that... if you have alcohol you will probably get ticketed for open container

We have tailgated there for 2 years now and I have not seen one person get ticketed. Keep it in a plastic cup and don't draw a lot of attention to yourself and they don't bother you.

Maybe NOT a CLEAR plastic cup!! :lol:

Maybe NOT a CLEAR plastic cup!! :lol:

:yeah This is the one time when Lincoln Cops are really level headed and calm about drinking. Most people us a (Red) plastic cup, and as long as your not messing with people and getting out of hand they will leave you alone.