CFN Prediction

I think the first quarter will set the tone for this game. If we can move the ball on them in the 1st quarter, and reek havoc on their offense, then I can see us winning big....say 42-10.

If we don't set the tone of this game immediately, then I can see it being a lot tighter, but we still win - say 24-17.

I may be giving their offense too much credit...I hope so. That will depend on the attitude that our defense comes to play with...we seem to get better each week...hopefully this continues.

The o-line will determine what happens with the offense. If Ganz feels comfortable, we do really well on the passing game. If they can push the defense back a couple of yards on runs, we will rack up some yards there.

This game is totally up to us, and the tone we come to play with. The only concern we may have to deal with is their defense...their offense has shown absolutely zip so far this year. Our defense should be able to put them on their ear.

I think the first quarter will set the tone for this game. If we can move the ball on them in the 1st quarter, and reek havoc on their offense, then I can see us winning big....say 42-10.

If we don't set the tone of this game immediately, then I can see it being a lot tighter, but we still win - say 24-17.

I may be giving their offense too much credit...I hope so. That will depend on the attitude that our defense comes to play with...we seem to get better each week...hopefully this continues.

The o-line will determine what happens with the offense. If Ganz feels comfortable, we do really well on the passing game. If they can push the defense back a couple of yards on runs, we will rack up some yards there.

This game is totally up to us, and the tone we come to play with. The only concern we may have to deal with is their defense...their offense has shown absolutely zip so far this year. Our defense should be able to put them on their ear.

WOW, i wish i had your optimism. 42-10 at best 24-17 at worst, hand over that kool-aid, or whatever the hell your injecting into your system. :wasted

MODS, Any chance of getting a smily smoking pot, shooting coke/heroin, free-basing meth? :rollin

WOW, i wish i had your optimism. 42-10 at best 24-17 at worst, hand over that kool-aid, or whatever the hell your injecting into your system. :wasted

MODS, Any chance of getting a smily smoking pot, shooting coke/heroin, free-basing meth? :rollin

Ye of little faith.... :corndance

I don't believe either of these two teams have a very good offence. We have struggled to run the ball and V Techs secondary is fast. We will have a difficult time scoring. However V Techs offence is worse than ours. They have an anverage of 21 points per game against ACC teams. I believe the Husker D is better and will hold V Tech to fewer points than their average... say 14.

Special teams is where V Tech has won their games so far this year with turnovers and blocked kicks. Fortunately special teams is also a strength for Nebraska.

A couple intagables why Nebraska will win. Home game. Home game at night. Home game at night with two weeks to prepair. :horns2:bonez:cheers

I don't believe either of these two teams have a very good offence. We have struggled to run the ball and V Techs secondary is fast. We will have a difficult time scoring. However V Techs offence is worse than ours. They have an anverage of 21 points per game against ACC teams. I believe the Husker D is better and will hold V Tech to fewer points than their average... say 14.

Special teams is where V Tech has won their games so far this year with turnovers and blocked kicks. Fortunately special teams is also a strength for Nebraska.

A couple intagables why Nebraska will win. Home game. Home game at night. Home game at night with two weeks to prepair. :horns2:bonez:cheers

We don't have an offense? Check the offensive rankings lately?

the writer of this article just looked at our overall statistics for our running game...and with 300+ in our last game, that average yards per game is a huge outlier compared to our little over 100 against western michigan and our 99 yards vs San Jose State.

We need the running game to work vs Va Tech. We can not allow Bud Foster's D to pin their ears back and come after Ganz at the mercy of their will.

They run the 4-4 defense! They STOP the run! The option and zone read are effective vs this defense if properly executed, but is NU a good option team like GA-Tech or East Carolina? I think they will be passing like they were vs San Jose State!

the writer of this article just looked at our overall statistics for our running game...and with 300+ in our last game, that average yards per game is a huge outlier compared to our little over 100 against western michigan and our 99 yards vs San Jose State.

We need the running game to work vs Va Tech. We can not allow Bud Foster's D to pin their ears back and come after Ganz at the mercy of their will.

They run the 4-4 defense! They STOP the run! The option and zone read are effective vs this defense if properly executed, but is NU a good option team like GA-Tech or East Carolina? I think they will be passing like they were vs San Jose State!

I'm pretty sure Bud runs a 4-2-5...not a 4-4.

Yes we need a sound running game. But I think the quick passing game and short screens will be an effective alternative, or supplement to our running game.

I could see Watson trying to get it out to, Lucky and Swift in space. Take advantage of their speed rushers.

Yep, classic west coast O, look at the way Shanahan in Den. uses the quick outs to supplement his running game. I'm a little concerned about VTs LB speed though. Oregon state took advantage of USC's speed by running right at it, and it worked, when they went side line to side line USC had a definite edge.

Exactly. Having a good running game Saturday will definitely slow their D down and lock their LB's up which should hopefully open up the passing game...hopefully

especially if the running game isn't successful in the beginning of the game, we just absolutely CAN NOT abandon the run (a la USC 2007).

Maaybe. But maybe we absolutely can not stick to the run (a la USC 2006).

Very nice................ :clap

The only thing that worries me about not just this game, but this season (as the end of last) is this: Gantz seems to have a high interception ratio when he starts chucking the ball. While I guess this is average for any QB who throws alot, I would rather have a better avg between our passing and throwing. Now if we could get the run game hammered out a little better...I would be able to sleep better at night.