Anybody know...

zE bOp

I convinced myself last nite over a 6 pck of PBR that a 'Hokie' is a type of Appalachian tree frog, but I dunno...

Any guesses? The crazier the better... :dumdum

I think it's either a kind of turkey or it's what they call them in "dem parts" I dunno <_<

K, ya gotta be purdy drunk to name your team--and institution--after turkey 'parts'!

OMFG/LMAO! :rollin

while at work i was wondering the same exact thing and found that the "hokies" came somehow from a cheer when they were the fighting gobblers... I am from Nebraska and now live in Virginia and its funny to me how they look at me like i'm the wierdo with the wierd mascot...

the people here are giving us no shot and think that nebraska is going to be a patsy non-conference game and it should be a nice break until conference play...the acc is such a great conference this year...let me tell ya

Note 2 DaveH: c, don't tell anybody, but the ? I posed 4 this thread is 'rhetorical' in nature. People ask 'rhetorical' Qs when they are not necessarilly looking 4 a straight up answer...capice?

But I'll take note of that 'googly' thing...that must be new or somethin'...how long they had that?...uh-ps, there I go again... :o