If Nebraska loses to Va Tech...

JHaWk

Going from a purely spectator status, I've watched two of VTech's games. In both of those games, they showed a complete lack of offensive ability and a stout D that isn't impervious to giving up the big play a few times a game. The only reason Tech won against North Carolina is because they're backup QB threw two picks late in the game in their own territory.

After watching our team, I thinkwe have a good enough Defense to stop VTech's offense, and I think we have a good enough offense to make some plays on their defense.

So, after all that, That's why I see Nebraska winning this game.

Go*&%MN!T people what is this sh!t!? Aggies and tigers and hokies, oh my!! Have some confidence in this team and their staff for crissakes! Win, lose or draw this is nothing more than the fourth game of the year, that's it. No, JAhawk, this is not the make or break game for this year's Huskers, it, again, is the FOURTH GAME OF THE SEASON. An anemic VA tech offense is facing the 22nd ranked defense in the nation. (and every other team in the top 25 has had their share of cupcakes so don't even give me that strength of schedule bs) And they are facing them in OUR HOUSE!!

"It's tough to be prepared to come into a game with high confidence while still being realistic about how difficult it will be to move the ball". Quitter.

Doubt kills.

Coaching, Planning, confidence and HEART will win the day!!!

GBR!! GBR!! GBR!!

Go*&%MN!T people what is this sh!t!? Aggies and tigers and hokies, oh my!! Have some confidence in this team and their staff for crissakes! Win, lose or draw this is nothing more than the fourth game of the year, that's it. No, JAhawk, this is not the make or break game for this year's Huskers, it, again, is the FOURTH GAME OF THE SEASON. An anemic VA tech offense is facing the 22nd ranked defense in the nation. (and every other team in the top 25 has had their share of cupcakes so don't even give me that strength of schedule bs) And they are facing them in OUR HOUSE!!

"It's tough to be prepared to come into a game with high confidence while still being realistic about how difficult it will be to move the ball". Quitter.

Doubt kills.

GBR!! GBR!! GBR!!

Thank you for providing a great example of what I mean by overconfidence. If the team comes into the game thinking along the lines of your post, then punts after four straight possessions or fumbles a punt or kickoff return, they're confidence is likely to be shattered.

You called my statement the words of a "quitter." They're the exact opposite. Real confidence means acknowledging that you're facing a tough opponent, that you probably won't win by 50 points, but that if execute your game plan and play with heart and intensity, you will prevail.

Doubt kills.

GBR!! GBR!! GBR!!

Thank you for providing a great example of what I mean by overconfidence. If the team comes into the game thinking along the lines of your post, then punts after four straight possessions or fumbles a punt or kickoff return, they're confidence is likely to be shattered.

You called my statement the words of a "quitter." They're the exact opposite. Real confidence means acknowledging that you're facing a tough opponent, that you probably won't win by 50 points, but that if execute your game plan and play with heart and intensity, you will prevail.

Blasphemy! :sarcasm

I sentence you to beer bong 2 gallons of the kool-aid, STAT!

As for now I personally do not think one game this early is going to totally destroy our season. Again if we should lose, it's how we lose! I want them to win and expect them to win but a loss this early with so many tough conference games still ahead another game could cancel out this loss.

Doubt kills.

GBR!! GBR!! GBR!!

You miss the point, my friend. What exactly are the 'lines of my post'? I never said anything about a 50 point win. C'mon now, if you don't play with confidence why bother? This team isn't going to crumble and start sucking thumbs if things go wrong early, least I don't think they will. The 'lines of my post' are that it's time to quit overanalyzing things and get AFTER IT! I think we DO have what it takes to win, that's all. I didn't mean to imply that you - personally- were a quitter, but doubt DOES kill on the field. For the last few seasons Callahan exuded doubt form the sidelines, look what it got us.

Anytime the Huskers lose - it sucks. Just rooting for them to win on Saturday. Trying to be positive and show some Husker love & respect to this team. I dont think a loss this Saturday will change that for me. The journey is a marathon and not a sprint.

I do believe Huskers win. I did say 23-21 in the prediction contest so I better stand behind that! ;)