Tailgate Help????

HokieHigh

Hello Hokie, and welcome to Lincoln. Tailgating has been a slow evolution around here, few people tailgated 10 years ago, but now it is getting bigger every year. I hope you have a reserved spot, or are planning on getting there early as some places will only let you have one space. I would say bring most of it, unless you know you have the space. Have fun and I will be the guy stealing your brats!!! Also don't forget to bring cups to put your beer in, the cops can get a little odd about this..

Hello Hokie, and welcome to Lincoln. Tailgating has been a slow evolution around here, few people tailgated 10 years ago, but now it is getting bigger every year. I hope you have a reserved spot, or are planning on getting there early as some places will only let you have one space. I would say bring most of it, unless you know you have the space. Have fun and I will be the guy stealing your brats!!! Also don't forget to bring cups to put your beer in, the cops can get a little odd about this..

So as long as I get there around say...10am I should be good to go? We were told to go to Hamarket Park...does that sound correct?

10am should be plenty early... I think you are a little more hard core about this then me, I am not setting up until 12... Anyway more than likely you are in lot 19 (if you already have your tag) or Lot 20 (first come first serve)... They open the restrooms for the baseball filed so you have a nice bathroom, and the large grass areas are open for you to tailgate. If you get there at 10 and the gate is open I am sure you can park, and pay once someone shows up (or they may already be there)... Anyway, those lots are known for there tailgates, and you should have a good time. Just keep an eye out for everyone leaving, as most of the people have figure out when to leave and still get inside with plenty of time. Hope you have a good time Oh and just to make sure it's Haymarket Park. Goto Huskers.com and click on the parking link, it will give you directions on how to get there....

10am should be plenty early... I think you are a little more hard core about this then me, I am not setting up until 12... Anyway more than likely you are in lot 19 (if you already have your tag) or Lot 20 (first come first serve)... They open the restrooms for the baseball filed so you have a nice bathroom, and the large grass areas are open for you to tailgate. If you get there at 10 and the gate is open I am sure you can park, and pay once someone shows up (or they may already be there)... Anyway, those lots are known for there tailgates, and you should have a good time. Just keep an eye out for everyone leaving, as most of the people have figure out when to leave and still get inside with plenty of time. Hope you have a good time Oh and just to make sure it's Haymarket Park. Goto Huskers.com and click on the parking link, it will give you directions on how to get there....

Thanks buddy...see you there. Come on bye for a beer and brat

So as long as I get there around say...10am I should be good to go? We were told to go to Hamarket Park...does that sound correct?

Haymarket Park parking lot may not be open by 10 am. Isn't there a time limit for the when the parking lots open before a game? I'm not sure.

Hokie High,

We are set up in the Hay Market next to two Hokie fans. You are welcome to party with us if you like.

It is hot out here today. Quite a bit of wind today it seems.

You know the game is tomorrow right? :dumdum

He's also from California so I can understand why he's there already...................extra day for tailgating..............good idea to me! :clap

I wanted to be sure we had a spot, and honestly the site is filling as we speak, I would guess there are at least 10 rigs here.

It is first come first serve, and who else would come so early so all of you had a place to land. See we love you no matter how wrong you might be :clap

Talking with some of the Hokies here, they do not know what to expect either. It could be a battle of almost there teams. Should be fun.

I wanted to be sure we had a spot, and honestly the site is filling as we speak, I would guess there are at least 10 rigs here.

It is first come first serve, and who else would come so early so all of you had a place to land. See we love you no matter how wrong you might be :clap

Talking with some of the Hokies here, they do not know what to expect either. It could be a battle of almost there teams. Should be fun.

have fun, down one for me!