DB Greg Davis

'Big' isn't the word for pulling a top prospect from the state of Virginia that UVA or Tech want.

I can remember the day Ronald Curry de-commited from UVA to UNC. Everyone in the state was in shock and complete disbelief.

Honestly, leaving the state of Virginia when you have an in-state offer is as big as sin as it is in Nebraska.

• 1 month later...

hello, well g davis took his visit to va, & has given it a 10 (but, w/ coaches at va taking head coaching offers at other schools - ksu & temple - UN could still be in the lead for him - let us hope)

his next visit will be to nc st, & followed by wv in jan (wv the last couple of wks has been visiting davis at his blue ridge hs, & recently gave him an in home visit - rodriguez has been working magic lately - so he may just steal this kid away)

he will take 1 more visit & then decide in feb

p.s. so keep your fingers crossed for ol' UN

• 5 weeks later...

He is down to Nebraska and Tennessee as his front runners, followed by West Virginia in third place. Virginia seems to be the team eliminated for his services. He has 2 visits left (WVU this weekend, and Tennessee on 1/20). The fact that he loved his visit from all the fans giving him love, BC hanging out with him, Blake challanging him in NCAA on PS2 to the NFL experience this coaching staff has. Plus we have a lack of depth at the Safety position so he could see some playing time as a Freshman. My gut feeling tells me he ends up as a Husker, unless distance is a factor (which i don't think it is). But what do i know

He is down to Nebraska and Tennessee as his front runners, followed by West Virginia in third place. Virginia seems to be the team eliminated for his services. He has 2 visits left (WVU this weekend, and Tennessee on 1/20). The fact that he loved his visit from all the fans giving him love, BC hanging out with him, Blake challanging him in NCAA on PS2 to the NFL experience this coaching staff has, my gut feeling tells me he ends up as a Husker, but what do i know

My fingers are crossed nameless. Keep us posted.

hello, so davis has also eliminated nc st - who I thought was one of his fav schools - oh well, that is the way that recruiting goes - but, rodriguez at wv has got to impress any hs recruits, especially since he is not scared to play fr - plus, he took a young squad that I thought was in the middle of a rebuilding yr to the sugar bowl - yet, NU has stayed steady throughout w/ davis where others have fallen - plus, NU's gameday atmosphere, fans & early playing time have to be important issues that have to be playing in his & mouton's minds, right?

hello, so davis has also eliminated nc st - who I thought was one of his fav schools - oh well, that is the way that recruiting goes - but, rodriguez at wv has got to impress any hs recruits, especially since he is not scared to play fr - plus, he took a young squad that I thought was in the middle of a rebuilding yr to the sugar bowl - yet, NU has stayed steady throughout w/ davis where others have fallen - plus, NU's gameday atmosphere, fans & early playing time have to be important issues that have to be playing in his & mouton's minds, right?

I think of one the reasons WVU isn't one of his top2 is because of the style of defense they play. Davis likes more man to man coverage then Zone defense and WVU plays more zone then man to man unless they are in the Nickle formation

Visit Date: Oct. 1, 2005 (ISU)

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Cal, Virginia Tech., West virginia, Maryland

Favorites: Tenneesse and Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #19/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report:#24/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Davis could play cornerback or free safety at the next level. His size is very attractive to many schools with a frame that can easily carry 210 to 220 pounds.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 55%