Washusker

This team isn't ready for prime time.

Very mediocre offensive line.

Average defensive line, at best.

Not a single playmaker on defense.

Not a single playmaker in the WR corps.

QB who can be game-planned.

Ineffective special teams.

And to be honest, the coaching has so far been blah.

I believe in Bo, but it's clear that this team is still a long way from being a player in major-college football. Bring on the MAC and WAC teams. We aren't ready to compete against BCS-conference schools.

This team isn't ready for prime time.

Very mediocre offensive line.

Average defensive line, at best.

Not a single playmaker on defense.

Not a single playmaker in the WR corps.

QB who can be game-planned.

Ineffective special teams.

And to be honest, the coaching has so far been blah.

I believe in Bo, but it's clear that this team is still a long way from being a player in major-college football. Bring on the MAC and WAC teams. We aren't ready to compete against BCS-conference schools.

yeah. seriously.......i wasn't expecting a performance so pitiful.

nebraska shouldn't be where they are right now....sad.

still early in the season....and the game isn't over, but things aren't looking good.

Going into the season I wasn't sure what the talent level of this squad would be. Now I have a much better idea. I think Bo has drastically improved things. Can you imagine where this game would have been with Callahan at the helm? The fact is we simply don't match up at this point with the major schools. In a few years, maybe. But the sad reality is Bo needs to overachieve with what he has. Letting this game slip away is letting one of the few chances we have to beat a team with name recognition float on by. I think we desperately need an upset this season of MU, TTech, or OU. At the very least we need a respectable bowl. With each year that passes our irrelevancy gets worse. Something has to stop the bleeding. I hope the team grows from this experience and is better prepared for next week.

Going into the season I wasn't sure what the talent level of this squad would be. Now I have a much better idea. I think Bo has drastically improved things. Can you imagine where this game would have been with Callahan at the helm? The fact is we simply don't match up at this point with the major schools. In a few years, maybe. But the sad reality is Bo needs to overachieve with what he has. Letting this game slip away is letting one of the few chances we have to beat a team with name recognition float on by. I think we desperately need an upset this season of MU, TTech, or OU. At the very least we need a respectable bowl. With each year that passes our irrelevancy gets worse. Something has to stop the bleeding. I hope the team grows from this experience and is better prepared for next week.

Excellent post! I agree with everything you say --- and have been saying it for months --- the talent is not there. To get talent we will need grit, no-quit do or die attitude (exhibited tonight) and a big win, an upset. The only hope that NU has of getting out of the mid-level talent that it has now is to overacheive and have some athletes than be impressed enough with the heart of the tam to want to join.

And lay off Bo --- he is doing well --- he has very little to work with and just hung fairly OK with a superior team. Trenches gentleman --- that is where the difference lies. VTech was simply superior, talent wise in the trenches. This is where we need a talent upgrade. And safety... and WR....

Excellent post! I agree with everything you say --- and have been saying it for months --- the talent is not there. To get talent we will need grit, no-quit do or die attitude (exhibited tonight) and a big win, an upset. The only hope that NU has of getting out of the mid-level talent that it has now is to overacheive and have some athletes than be impressed enough with the heart of the tam to want to join.

And lay off Bo --- he is doing well --- he has very little to work with and just hung fairly OK with a superior team. Trenches gentleman --- that is where the difference lies. VTech was simply superior, talent wise in the trenches. This is where we need a talent upgrade. And safety... and WR....

Oh I'm not on Bo at all. I'm so thrilled he's here it's hard to put to words, even after this disappointing loss. I don't blame him for anything that happened tonight. He's doing the best with what he has, but what he has needs to get better. If anything concerns me it's Watson and Cotton. The run game is a terrifying problem to have in a league with Missouri, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma. I was counting on it to keep us alive in those games. Now I see it won't.

Maybe some of you that downed gallons upon gallons of koolaid will finally realize that it will take BO some time to get it going.

If this game were last year could you imagine the score?

Theres definate visible progress in the fundamentals and that is a large step ahead of last year.

the score would have been about 51-10. I'm with you...things are much better than last year, and will get better. What I saw was a team that was not sure of themselves, and confidence is everything. As the season goes on, and through next year, the kids will make less and less mistakes and will learn to win big games against good teams.

Honestly - if you are relying on Nate Swift to be your game-breaker, you are going to be disappointed.

He's a nice player, but we need a more athleticism and speed at the WR spot.

totally agree...they always have problem getting open against physical DBs..ALWAYS..we need those smaller faster guys...guys that are quick and fast enough to get separation.