My observation...

nvhusker

It seems simple to me. We can't blame one late hit on the entire game being lost. They absolutely shredded our defense nearly the entire game. It doesn't matter how good of a defensive coach you have in Pelini, if you don't have the players. They gave it a great effort down the stretch, just too many mental mistakes early in this game. :angry:

It seems simple to me. We can't blame one late hit on the entire game being lost. They absolutely shredded our defense nearly the entire game. It doesn't matter how good of a defensive coach you have in Pelini, if you don't have the players. They gave it a great effort down the stretch, just too many mental mistakes early in this game. :angry:

Quite correct. We do not have the athletes to expect a great deal out of this team. As has been clear for some time, the talent level needs to dramatically increase before NU is competitive.

No, Nebraska definitely looked like the best team in teh world, but teh refs were conspiring against us. It's all their fault!!!1eleven!

I disagree, in no way did the refs make or break this game for the Huskers or the Hokies. A bad call here and there, maybe, but they didn't win it for them. Too many breakdowns in our secondary and some images of not being able to tackle like back in the Cosgrove days. Not too many, but some were on important plays. On a bright note, the Swift punt return and the team not giving up ever. The Callahan team would have lost this game by 21. Don't you think?

My opinion is that it was a mixture of not matching up well mixed with a horrible call at the end of the game that took what might have been a rough-riding comeback and turned it into a heartbreaker. I'm sorry, that call was pathetic and it altered the course of humanity forever. It's almost as bad as when Biff found the time machine in Back to the Future II.

In all seriousness, the call changed the game when it shouldn't have. As upset and disappointed as I am, I think the guys played with heart, and I can rest easy knowing that this game looked entirely different than it would have with Callahan and Cosgrove at the helm. That said, we need more talent. More speed, more coaching, more time in the system, more everything. And I'm suddenly not sold on Watson as the OC. Our run game horrifies me. It is the one thing that can save us from blowouts and it just isn't happening. Things could get ugly down the stretch.

No, Nebraska definitely looked like the best team in teh world, but teh refs were conspiring against us. It's all their fault!!!1eleven!

I disagree, in no way did the refs make or break this game for the Huskers or the Hokies. A bad call here and there, maybe, but they didn't win it for them. Too many breakdowns in our secondary and some images of not being able to tackle like back in the Cosgrove days. Not too many, but some were on important plays. On a bright note, the Swift punt return and the team not giving up ever. The Callahan team would have lost this game by 21. Don't you think?

Um, I think they were being sarcastic... lol.... nice response though

as bad as nebraska was last night, the did not roll-up and quit.

no running game. streaking passing. a shredded secondary. it weren't pretty.

but at no point did i ever think the game was out of control. i didn't see nebraska quit. the team gave me enough hope that they could make a comeback. (which was HORRIBLY dashed at the end, but thems the breaks)

i can't be happy with a loss, but i can be happy that the kids played with heart. they didn't quit, they just didn't execute as cleanly has bo and watson wanted.

does this bode well for the rest of the season? dunno.

and as far as bo losing it over the suh call, well, i'm gonna chalk that up to a novice coach mistake. hopefully, *HE* can learn for his mistakes too.

My opinion is that it was a mixture of not matching up well mixed with a horrible call at the end of the game that took what might have been a rough-riding comeback and turned it into a heartbreaker. I'm sorry, that call was pathetic and it altered the course of humanity forever. It's almost as bad as when Biff found the time machine in Back to the Future II.

In all seriousness, the call changed the game when it shouldn't have. As upset and disappointed as I am, I think the guys played with heart, and I can rest easy knowing that this game looked entirely different than it would have with Callahan and Cosgrove at the helm. That said, we need more talent. More speed, more coaching, more time in the system, more everything. And I'm suddenly not sold on Watson as the OC. Our run game horrifies me. It is the one thing that can save us from blowouts and it just isn't happening. Things could get ugly down the stretch.

Question: When our defense plays sub-par, why do you say we need more talent, but when its the offense that does so, its Watson's fault? Same can be said for the offense, our offensive line is just not built to pound the rock.

Question: When our defense plays sub-par, why do you say we need more talent, but when its the offense that does so, its Watson's fault? Same can be said for the offense, our offensive line is just not built to pound the rock.

I wasn't excluding the offense. We need more talent period. And don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Watson, but his throw until your arm falls off offense is not going to work.